Post a reply

Best coach out there

Postby cazmac

Hi I'm thinking of getting some more coaching and was wondering is there a coach out there that stands out from the pack. I personally want to go and see TG but can't seem to find a contact number for him. Does anyone know if he is still coaching?
regards Cazmac

Re: Best coach out there

Postby Sickpotter

TG still coaches to my knowledge but doesn't do a wide range of clients. I think (not sure though) that he's generally working with pros only.

Apologies but being from Canada I can't tell you of any reputable coaches outside of here. My usual solution in this scenario is Google ;-)

If you come up with some names of coaches in your area I'd be happy to look into them for you.

Postby cazmac

Ok, I spoke to Terry today and he still doing one to one coaching. It seems that his website was having problems when I was on it. Had a really good chat with Terry and he told me that hes really busy but he should be to fit me in before he's off to the UK championship. The prices are quite high but this man is a true legend of the game and what ever i take from the session it will be a memory that I will never forget.

Postby Dan-cat

cazmac wrote:Ok, I spoke to Terry today and he still doing one to one coaching. It seems that his website was having problems when I was on it. Had a really good chat with Terry and he told me that hes really busy but he should be to fit me in before he's off to the UK championship. The prices are quite high but this man is a true legend of the game and what ever i take from the session it will be a memory that I will never forget.

wow - that's awesome Cazmaz! Straight to the top! Please report back how it goes.

Postby cazmac

Ok I'm booked for a two hour session with an option of an extra hour if i want it.
will update after I had the session.

Postby Dan-cat

cazmac wrote:Ok I'm booked for a two hour session with an option of an extra hour if i want it.
will update after I had the session.

I'm excited for you. Where do you play dude?

Postby cazmac

Hi Dan, I play in London.

Just Got back from Wales, Terry is a great coach lovely fella and has a good sense of humor. Money well spent but I wouldn't be able to pay those prices every week. I'm going to aim for every six months, maybe He'll give me a discount <laugh> .
Terry has given me a plan and its up to me to put it into place and make it work. Mostly centered around my cue action and follow through.
I would recommend Terry if you are at 20 break level you'd be better using a local coach. you'd get better value for money. But if your a good club player who knocks in regular 50+ breaks I think he can bring your game on.

Postby Dan-cat

Cazmac, thanks for the field report! You're right - I wouldn't trouble Terry at this stage in my game. I've been thinking about engaging the coach in my club who seems pretty well respected and qualified.

It's awesome that you are taking action to improve your skills :)

Postby cazmac

Cheers Dan, age is against me but I still dream of being on the pro circuit.

Postby Dan-cat

cazmac wrote:Cheers Dan, age is against me but I still dream of being on the pro circuit.

Wow, a professional in our midst. Ace.

Assume that you are already and it will envelop around you... The only limits that exist are those that we set ourselves.

How old we talking, older than Terry...? :)

What would you need to do to move it forwards? Do you have plenty of practice time? Potential sponsorship? have you entered Q School?

Postby Master Blaster

Cue Guru wrote:Phone Nic Barrow, he took Ding to the stars.

http://www.thesnookerblog.com/2014/03/n ... -the-year/

Since then, Ding has got a new coach and gone downhill.

Nic is a cool guy to work with, dartfish, video, all the aids and toys etc. But Dell Hill can sort you out real quick and simply correct your faults. Coaches like that, who can spot 3 or 4 errors in technique in just one session; gold dust mukka.

Postby Tonsgalore

Go and see Gary Filtness in Essex. He is the head coach at the famous Grove academy and has coached many top pros including ROS. Google his name and he will come up. He only charges 50 and hour and is a world renowned coach. Well worth it.

Postby cazmac

Hi Guys, I've spoken to Gary and may go and see him.
I've been to see dell and I would have to say in just terms of value for money del was amazing.covered so much in just two hours and didn't feel rushed or bombarded.
I've sorted a few things out and have a new problem that I'm working on right no regarding moving on the shot.
I'm sure nic would suit my personality as i like to get stuck in and he talks a lot!