Post a reply

The Crucible - Documentary

Postby Holden Chinaski

For those who haven't seen this, it's a great documentary on the history of the world championship at the Crucible.

Re: The Crucible - Documentary

Postby PoolBoy

That's from 1997 celebrating 21 years at the venue. The next World Champs will be 40 years at Crucible - there may well be a documentary in the pipeline!

Postby Skullman

I'm pretty sure that the first World Championship at the Crucible was in 1977 when John Spencer won his last title, so 2017 will be the 40th anniversary.

Postby PoolBoy

Skullman wrote:I'm pretty sure that the first World Championship at the Crucible was in 1977 when John Spencer won his last title, so 2017 will be the 40th anniversary.

Technically, 2017 will be the 40th anniversary, but it will also be the 41st championship at the crucible.
The documentary above, celebrating the 21st anniversary could have been in 1998, but they seem to be counting the years as the number of tournaments. If 1997 was the 21st 'year', then the 40th year will be 2016!

Postby Smart

PoolBoy wrote:
Skullman wrote:I'm pretty sure that the first World Championship at the Crucible was in 1977 when John Spencer won his last title, so 2017 will be the 40th anniversary.

Technically, 2017 will be the 40th anniversary, but it will also be the 41st championship at the crucible.
The documentary above, celebrating the 21st anniversary could have been in 1998, but they seem to be counting the years as the number of tournaments. If 1997 was the 21st 'year', then the 40th year will be 2016!

thanks for clearing that up :bowdown: :wave: :bowdown:

Postby king.kauto

Pink Ball wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:That's from 1997 celebrating 21 years at the venue. The next World Champs will be 40 years at Crucible - there may well be a documentary in the pipeline!

I hope they talk about the 1985 final.

Why? What happened?

Postby SnookerFan

king.kauto wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:That's from 1997 celebrating 21 years at the venue. The next World Champs will be 40 years at Crucible - there may well be a documentary in the pipeline!

I hope they talk about the 1985 final.

Why? What happened?

Nothing worth remembering. <ok>

Postby daraghj82

I saw this on yt a while back , its very good