Post a reply

Re: 2024 World Championship Countdown

Postby Prop

D4P wrote:Not hard to imagine that the success of Stephen's YouTube channel might have ultimately reduced his commitment to and interest in his "comeback"...

Yeah, there’s probably a bit of truth in that. I get the impression he likes a slow life, on his terms. He’s probably only fussed about having one endeavour on the go at any one time. Can’t blame him. But he needs to pack playing in properly, like GeF says, and give someone else a pop with a wildcard.

Postby McManusFan

D4P wrote:Not hard to imagine that the success of Stephen's YouTube channel might have ultimately reduced his commitment to and interest in his "comeback"...

I kind of doubt that has anything to do with it. I just don't think he can be fussed with the practice.

Postby Iranu

McManusFan wrote:

I kind of doubt that has anything to do with it. I just don't think he can be fussed with the practice.

Well at least he wasted god knows how much on a new Parris cue.

Postby D4P

D4P wrote:In order to qualify, N. Robertson will have to beat one of Ishpreet Singh Chadha, Zak Surety, or an even lower-ranked player, followed by one of Alfie Burden, Xu Si, Jamie Jones, or an even-lower ranked player.

The potential "even lower-ranked players" in Robertson's path to the Cruce are Rebecca Kenna and Yang Gao.

Postby gninnur karona

126 tour professionals present. No real surprises amongst the absentees but nevertheless a relief for Haydon Pinhey and Sydney Wilson who are promoted into the competition. Vladislav Gradinari received the nod for the last WPBSA place. Nine of the 13 players who have thus far been awarded two-year cards for 2024-26 will participate, four miss out.

Several 1Q ties catch the eye: Martin Gould versus Jimmy White, with the winner to face Liu Hongyu, in the Jack Lisowski section; Jenson Kendrick, the only male on tour to have lost two matches to females, versus Bai Yulu; and three professional-amateur clashes that look highly competitive: Alexander Ursenbacher versus Iulian Boiko; Ishpreet Singh Chadha versu Gao Yang; and Andrew Higginson versus Duane Jones.

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:
D4P wrote:In order to qualify, N. Robertson will have to beat one of Ishpreet Singh Chadha, Zak Surety, or an even lower-ranked player, followed by one of Alfie Burden, Xu Si, Jamie Jones, or an even-lower ranked player.

The potential "even lower-ranked players" in Robertson's path to the Cruce are Rebecca Kenna and Yang Gao.

Can only see Jamie Jones preventing Robbo from qualifying to The Cruce.

Postby D4P

A Ronnie-Luca final would be interesting:

It would guarantee that either (1) a player would win their 8th World Championship and the single-season Triple Crown at the same time, or (2) a player would break the Crucible Curse.

Postby Holden Chinaski

D4P wrote:A Ronnie-Luca final would be interesting:

It would guarantee that either (1) a player would win their 8th World Championship and the single-season Triple Crown at the same time, or (2) a player would break the Crucible Curse.

This is the dream final. We need this.

Postby hendry_fan

HappyCamper wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:Well,could o been more,but a 45 from John.

world championships?

rofl

I just did an SF!!!. :-D

I think thats the first time ever that i,ve written something in the wrong thread. :emb: <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:Well,could o been more,but a 45 from John.

world championships?

None of that 8-8-8 bullocks that Ronnie is chasing.

Postby LesPuzz

D4P wrote:A Ronnie-Luca final would be interesting:

Genius! :stir: :hyper:

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:The dream final is Ding vs Somebody Who Has 0 Chance Of Winning.

i don't think it is plausible for someone to actually reach the world final while also having zero chance of winning it.

Postby D4P

HappyCamper wrote:i don't think it is plausible for someone to actually reach the world final while also having zero chance of winning it.