Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Championship League 2024 !!!!

Postby Womble

All that money and adulation. And he simply has to play snooker to get it. And he's never happy.

You have to be a special kind of spoiled brat to be unhappy all the time in the position he's in.

There's happier people living on the streets than Ronnie O'Sullivan is.

Pretty pathetic, isn't it, really?

Oh well. I'm glad I'm not him. It must be horrible being unhappy all the time.

Postby D4P

RunningSide wrote:
D4P wrote:
RunningSide wrote:His time at the top is coming to an end and trying to squeeze every pay day to the max.Snooker will survive after osullivan, it did after Hendry and Davis.

Yeah, but a big part of why snooker survived after Hendry and Davis is that it had Ronnie...

Someone will follow Ronnie, may be already playing, could have been Brecel????.

Maybe, but no other player is currently anywhere close to being as popular as Ronnie, other than Chinese players who are popular in China. It's not hard to imagine snooker "moving" to China after Ronnie's gone...

Postby D4P

RunningSide wrote:His time at the top is coming to an end and trying to squeeze every pay day to the max.

I think the same can be said to some extent about WorldSnooker. They seem more interested in squeezing as much as they can out of the old stars than in promoting and building up new ones. I think Hearn would be perfectly happy maximizing profits while Ronnie's still around and then letting the snooker tour fall apart or re-locate to China, while Barry himself then fully steps away from the game (or dies).

Postby RunningSide

D4P wrote:
RunningSide wrote:His time at the top is coming to an end and trying to squeeze every pay day to the max.

I think the same can be said to some extent about WorldSnooker. They seem more interested in squeezing as much as they can out of the old stars than in promoting and building up new ones. I think Hearn would be perfectly happy maximizing profits while Ronnie's still around and then letting the snooker tour fall apart or re-locate to China, while Barry himself then fully steps away from the game (or dies).

True WST always should maximise the profits from snooker, but they reinvest in the game and where would snooker be without Barry Hearn, people seem to forget before he took over the game was dead.O'Sullivan's only intrest his himself.

Postby carayip

RunningSide wrote:Time for wst to take steps, it's not the O'Sullivan tour . He's not interested in the game or fellow pros.Lost all respect, hope he goes to China and stays there.

Or Saudi where it’s even more lucrative than China. If the Saudi investment fund is somehow interested in staging a snooker version of LIV golf, Ronnie will be the first one to join, no doubt.

Postby Prop

There’s nothing wrong with him being unhappy with snooker, and I don’t think it’s fair game to criticise him for that. Your feelings are sovereign to you - you have every right to feel them, because they’re yours to feel. Millionaire sports stars are no less susceptible to getting fed up with things despite everything looking rosey on the outside. Don’t we all experience that from time to time? It’s universal, regardless of circumstance.

My point was more that the way he’s going about things on the back of those feelings is a little bit shitty.

Postby D4P

It's worth noting that we don't know all of the details behind Ronnie withdrawing from minor events. For one thing, it's entirely possible that WorldSnooker doesn't want anyone to know that Ronnie is withdrawing until the last minute, so that they can sell more tickets than they would sell if his withdrawals were announced farther ahead of the events.

For all we know, the Snooker bosses might ask Ronnie not to announce his withdrawals (on social media) until shortly before the events begin. It would certainly be in their financial interest to make such a request of him...

Postby Prop

D4P wrote:It's worth noting that we don't know all of the details behind Ronnie withdrawing from minor events. For one thing, it's entirely possible that WorldSnooker doesn't want anyone to know that Ronnie is withdrawing until the last minute, so that they can sell more tickets than they would sell if his withdrawals were announced farther ahead of the events.

For all we know, the Snooker bosses might ask Ronnie not to announce his withdrawals (on social media) until shortly before the events begin. It would certainly be in their financial interest to make such a request of him...

Yeah, and I seem to remember this was inferred regarding one of his withdrawals earlier this season. Either way it doesn’t sit well. There’s obviously a game of cat and mouse going on behind the scenes between Ronnie and the suits. And it won’t be entirely black and white. Money talks and all that.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Womble wrote:All that money and adulation. And he simply has to play snooker to get it. And he's never happy.

You have to be a special kind of spoiled brat to be unhappy all the time in the position he's in.

There's happier people living on the streets than Ronnie O'Sullivan is.

Pretty pathetic, isn't it, really?

Oh well. I'm glad I'm not him. It must be horrible being unhappy all the time.

You seem so happy.

Postby carayip

D4P wrote:It's worth noting that we don't know all of the details behind Ronnie withdrawing from minor events. For one thing, it's entirely possible that WorldSnooker doesn't want anyone to know that Ronnie is withdrawing until the last minute, so that they can sell more tickets than they would sell if his withdrawals were announced farther ahead of the events.

I doubt Ronnie cares about the ticket sales by the World Snooker. Also if he has made up his mind to not play certain events well in advance, he can simply not enter them at all instead of entering them, letting them make draws and then withdrawing.

Postby D4P

carayip wrote:I doubt Ronnie cares about the ticket sales by the World Snooker. Also if he has made up his mind to not play certain events well in advance, he can simply not enter them at all instead of entering them, letting them make draws and then withdrawing.

I doubt Ronnie cares about ticket sales, either, but it's a given that any event will sell more tickets if fans are under the impression that Ronnie will be playing in it. It is therefore clearly in WST's interest to give fans the impression that Ronnie will be playing in an event, rather than for it to be widely-publicized months before the event that Ronnie won't be playing. This financial incentive might be enough for WST to ask Ronnie to hold off on announcing his withdrawals until right before the event starts.

Whether or not there is some kind of collusion between WST and Ronnie with respect to his late withdrawals is unclear, but it's not unreasonable to think that there might be. The fact that WST doesn't punish Ronnie would seem to suggest that they're not too upset...

Postby carayip

D4P wrote:
carayip wrote:I doubt Ronnie cares about the ticket sales by the World Snooker. Also if he has made up his mind to not play certain events well in advance, he can simply not enter them at all instead of entering them, letting them make draws and then withdrawing.

I doubt Ronnie cares about ticket sales, either, but it's a given that any event will sell more tickets if fans are under the impression that Ronnie will be playing in it. It is therefore clearly in WST's interest to give fans the impression that Ronnie will be playing in an event, rather than for it to be widely-publicized months before the event that Ronnie won't be playing. This financial incentive might be enough for WST to ask Ronnie to hold off on announcing his withdrawals until right before the event starts.

Whether or not there is some kind of collusion between WST and Ronnie with respect to his late withdrawals is unclear, but it's not unreasonable to think that there might be. The fact that WST doesn't punish Ronnie would seem to suggest that they're not too upset...

You gave Ronnie O’Sullivan too much credit. He’s not helping out WST by agreeing to enter events in order to trick audiences to buy tickets and hurt his own brand in the process.

WST also couldn’t punish Ronnie if he presented a doctor note when withdrawing. That’s why he always came up with some kinds of health or mental health related problems just in case.

Postby Iranu

Womble wrote:Is Holden Chinasdki Iranu's sidekick or is Iranu Holden Chinaski's sidekick.

I've never been able to work it out.

We’re lovers.

It’s hot as hell.

Postby Womble

Iranu wrote:
Womble wrote:Is Holden Chinasdki Iranu's sidekick or is Iranu Holden Chinaski's sidekick.

I've never been able to work it out.

We’re lovers.

It’s hot as hell.

Thanks for the explanation.

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:joe o'connor done a maximum.

The 200th, apparently.

And the first to be made on the 29th February, apparently.

STAT ATTACK!