Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 64 and Heldover Last 128 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

barrysnookerfan1985 wrote:Yes, year in, year out, Morgan is in the box. By the way, wish BBC would do something about these features they show in between matches, getting tired of Murphy and Hendry chalking stuff on a blackboard talking about different players, adds nothing to the coverage

Those things really are awful.

I know it must be hard to come up with different features all the time, and some things will always work better than others. But that one really is bad. Credit to them for trying to talk about the snooker in depth, I guess. But do you really need them to be writing random words on a chalkboard when talking technically about a player?

At least that Bigheads on they did, with the cardboard heads, was meant to be a bit whimsical and silly. Not adding a chalkboard what's supposed to be sensible analysis.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:Talking of which, is there an order of play for the Players Championship yet?

Naaa it isn't usually announced till after the final of the current event so we won't find out till Sunday night like 11pm ish. I assume Judd Trump will play first on Monday evening though but I could be wrong.

Postby RunningSide

Womble wrote:So Ronnie has actually pulled out of the Welsh Open due to 'stage fright'.

I wonder how many people actually believe that. :chin:

Funny never affected him in mega venues in China.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Talking of which, is there an order of play for the Players Championship yet?

Naaa it isn't usually announced till after the final of the current event so we won't find out till Sunday night like 11pm ish. I assume Judd Trump will play first on Monday evening though but I could be wrong.

Why Judd?

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:

Not until the Welsh is done.

Kind of makes sense not to have somebody playing Monday night, if they were in the final in Llandudno late on Sunday.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

Why Judd?

He’s top of the one year list.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

Why Judd?

As far as I'm aware the player that is number 1 on the 1 year list usually plays first in the Players championship and World Grand Prix. I may be wrong with that but I swear that was the case.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
Prop wrote:

Not until the Welsh is done.

Kind of makes sense not to have somebody playing Monday night, if they were in the final in Llandudno late on Sunday.

Seedings though. Cut off is after the Welsh.

Postby D4P

HappyCamper wrote:

i think only the top three seeds (trump, o'sullivan, and zhang) are set in stone at the moment.

Correct. The other 13 are still to be determined.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:

i think only the top three seeds (trump, o'sullivan, and zhang) are set in stone at the moment.

Ah yeah, that's a point.

I'm assuming that's what Judder meant about Judd probably being first up, as well.