Post a reply

Re: Huading Nylon World Open Semi Finals !!!!

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:Imagine training to be an actor, and you end up being the "I don't have dandruff" guy in the Head And Shoulders advert.

At least he’s not a “I have loads of dandruff” guy.

Postby TheRocket

I gotta say that Judd now has the ability that Ronnie also always had.

Due to their reputation and aura they can make players play like rubbish against them. Which is what happened to Page today after he was flying in the previous rounds.

Postby Prop

TheRocket wrote:I gotta say that Judd now has the ability that Ronnie also always had.

Due to their reputation and aura they can make players play like rubbish against them. Which is what happened to Page today after he was flying in the previous rounds.

I’m not sure it was really down to the fact Judd was his opponent. He’d never gone anywhere near as deep as a semi final before today, and he just never settled. The crowd made that worse for him (constant distractions, phones going off), plus he started the match having to mess around getting a plaster for his finger. It just wasn’t his day. Judd happened to be there.

Postby TheRocket

Prop wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I gotta say that Judd now has the ability that Ronnie also always had.

I’m not sure it was really down to the fact Judd was his opponent. He’d never gone anywhere near as deep as a semi final before today, and he just never settled. The crowd made that worse for him (constant distractions, phones going off), plus he started the match having to mess around getting a plaster for his finger. It just wasn’t his day. Judd happened to be there.

you could be right yeah. In this case it could be due to the semi final stage.

But in general a lot of players seemed to have dropped their level when they faced Ron and Judd this season. Neither of them had to play consistently well to have the success they have had this season. Which is for sure due to reputation and aura but as I always said. To get into that position where opponents are scared of you means you've done a lot of things right.

Postby LC

I agree, he only has to play average and he wins comfortably, of course he will play top level at times and then they got no chance at all