Post a reply

Cazoo World Championship Final- Brecel v Selby !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 15th of April~Monday 1st of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Session 1 Sunday 30th of April @ 1pm
Session 2 Sunday 30th of April @ 7pm
Session 3 Monday 1st of May @ 1pm
Session 4 Monday 1st of May @ 7pm

Luca Brecel v Mark Selby

Click for Head to Heads

Overall Selby leads 8-3
Main Tournaments Selby leads 3-2
World Championship Never played before
Multi Session Matches Selby leads 1-0
Finals Selby leads 1-0

Luca Brecel plays 4 Times World Champion Mark Selby for the title Contrast of styles But each will bring different Qualities

WHO WINS?

Re: Cazoo World Championship Final- Bracel v Selby !!

Postby eraserhead

Will certainly be an interesting match. Luca's not going to try and match him in the grind. If the long ones go in over 4 sessions he might have a chance. Maybe it will play out like a Judd - Selby match.

Postby Andre147

What chance does Luca really have here?

At least we know he'll go all out attack, unlike Allen who went into his shell. But Luca won't get half as many chances as he did against Si or even Ronnie. Selby will close shop.

Can he deal with it? His long pots will become more difficult as Selby will put him on the cushion every single time. We shall see.

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:What chance does Luca really have here?

At least we know he'll go all out attack, unlike Allen who went into his shell. But Luca won't get half as many chances as he did against Si or even Ronnie. Selby will close shop.

Can he deal with it? His long pots will become more difficult as Selby will put him on the cushion every single time. We shall see.

You don't always need to score against Selby or kill frames in one visit. You need to be able to pot balls after long safety exchanges which is why Judd has a good H2H.

Postby Granite

I want more 5 frame sessions please

Loving the hate Selby is getting on Twitter right now and I've now lost respect for Hendry and the applause from the muted crowd.

It'd be hilarious (and karma) to see an unpopular champion like Selby get #8 and pass O'Sullivan and Hendry, the salt :chuckle:

Postby Granite

eraserhead wrote:
Granite wrote:I've now lost respect for Hendry

What did he do?

He's supposed to be objective or 70-80% of it but he's been ripping apart the way Selby plays throughout these 3 days saying he can't watch this type of snooker. He's a commentator that's his job, should've given it to Davis.

Postby Iranu

Granite wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

What did he do?

He's supposed to be objective or 70-80% of it but he's been ripping apart the way Selby plays throughout these 3 days saying he can't watch this type of snooker. He's a commentator that's his job, should've given it to Davis.

That’s part of Hendry’s shtick and not unique to Selby.

You seriously would want Davis of all people commentating if given the choice?

Postby Andre147

Granite wrote:I want more 5 frame sessions please

Loving the hate Selby is getting on Twitter right now and I've now lost respect for Hendry and the applause from the muted crowd.

It'd be hilarious (and karma) to see an unpopular champion like Selby get #8 and pass O'Sullivan and Hendry, the salt :chuckle:

The salt? You can't be serious can you?

Postby Andre147

It will be hilarious if Selby loses a World Final to Luca Brecel. :-D

Postby Granite

Iranu wrote:
Granite wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

What did he do?

Yes.

Postby Iranu

Granite wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Granite wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

What did he do?

Yes.

Then your opinion on commentary can be dismissed without further thought.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:What chance does Luca really have here?

Depends on if he pots the balls he goes for Selby will have it easy with Safeties But Luca will miss sitters he did in the Semis but in the end si couldn't take them.

Against Selby over 35 frames he will feel more pressure every chance he gets

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Granite wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

What did he do?

Hendry has respect for Selby he classed Selby if all his game was Working as unplayable.

Postby Juddernaut88

Andre147 wrote:

It will be hilarious if Selby loses a World Final to Luca Brecel. :-D

I can tell you I would love it if Luca beats him love it!