Post a reply

Re: Cazoo World Championship (Thurs April 27th) Semi Finals

Postby Iranu

Prop wrote:I remember doing a baccy bong as a dare when I was about 16. Thought I was going to die.

Mate of mine once did 10 drags of shisha in a row. We then went to a chippy. He passed out between ordering burger and receiving burger.

Good times.

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:I remember doing a baccy bong as a dare when I was about 16. Thought I was going to die.

Mate of mine once did 10 drags of shisha in a row. We then went to a chippy. He passed out between ordering burger and receiving burger.

Good times.

<laugh>

Postby eraserhead

LDS wrote:Because he will chose to snooker someone rather than smack a 5% pot at a distant corner. :shrug:

That's fine it's part of the game, just stop pretending his matches don't take an age and he doesn't drag things out.

Postby Holden Chinaski

eraserhead wrote:
LDS wrote:Because he will chose to snooker someone rather than smack a 5% pot at a distant corner. :shrug:

That's fine it's part of the game, just stop pretending his matches don't take an age and he doesn't drag things out.

:goodpost:

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:If Allen sustains this level for 2 more sessions he will win this match.

not happening in a million years he's won battle one he's not winning the war

Postby Iranu

eraserhead wrote:

You don’t make nearly 800 centuries if ‘most’ of your frames take 40 minutes.

Postby eraserhead

Iranu wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

no you make them after 20 minutes of safety when the balls have been broken up and your opponent makes a mistake. He can obviously score and he goes deep in tournaments but why pretend his matches are full of break building when our eyes tell a different story.

Postby LDS

Holden Chinaski wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

:goodpost:

The ironic thing here though is that the pretending is those who pretend he usually plays slowly. It's the exception which gets magnified.

Last night, he and John finished ages before McGill and Si, even though people kept banging on about how slow that match was destined to be. Meanwhile, tonight, a perfectly normal match, could have been anyone out there, time-wise.

But, oh yeah, he was really slow that time he played XYZ and some folks wont let him forget about it, etc.
Last edited by LDS on 27 Apr 2023, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

eraserhead wrote:
Iranu wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

no you make them after 20 minutes of safety when the balls have been broken up and your opponent makes a mistake. He can obviously score and he goes deep in tournaments but why pretend his matches are full of break building when our eyes tell a different story.

I don’t think our eyes do tell that story although in recent years it’s increasingly been the case.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:If Allen sustains this level for 2 more sessions he will win this match.

not happening in a million years he's won battle one he's not winning the war

He isn’t going to have to. When he’s in, he’s playing his natural game. One burst of quick-kill frames and he’ll have turned the screw too much.

Postby Andre147

Allen needs this level for sure to win the match, so hopefully he maintains it. But it's probably the toughest test in Snooker, beating Selby over 4 sessions. Only Higgins (albeit a young version of Selby), Dott and more recently Ronnie managed to do it.