Post a reply

Re: Cazoo World Championship (Monday April 24th) Last 16 !!

Postby hendry_fan

Prop wrote:I can hear HF opening a bottle

I,d love tae mate,but i,m still a wee bit ill,off the medis though. :-) If it goes well,i,ll be crackin a bottle open sometime later this week.

Very well done Ants,went down a gear,2,Jack did well to comeback,but Ants lead was too BIG. :happy: :cracker: :clap:

Ants made NINE 50+ breaks,THREE were Centuries.

Jack only made Three,ONE was a Century.

Postby Prop

hendry_fan wrote:
Prop wrote:I can hear HF opening a bottle

I,d love tae mate,but i,m still a wee bit ill,off the medis though. :-) If it goes well,i,ll be crackin a bottle open sometime later this week.

Very well done Ants,went down a gear,2,Jack did well to comeback,but Ants lead was too BIG. :happy: :cracker: :clap:

Ants made NINE 50+ breaks,THREE were Centuries.

Jack only made Three,ONE was a Century.

Hope you’re better soon mate!

Postby Wildey

mantorok wrote:
Wildey wrote:If Jack can get this back to 13-10 from where he was yesterday it would prove a lot about himself as a player he just had a really bad start, even 6-2 would have been better.

That's where the likes of Selby Battling for everything when hes struggling gets wins out of nothing Jack did not he just played the same game.

Yes he talented but a bit one dimensional as a player.

Yea but point is Selby has all sort of different side to his game one of the Best Breakbuilders theres ever been. early next season he will be passing Hendrys total of Centuries currently on 766 but hes multidimensional in the way he plays the game and gets criticized for that but Jack plays in the way many would like Selby to play and Jack gets criticized for that.

There is a very good reason why Ronnie Plays the way he does because hes Special, its up to everyone else to find the best way to combat that.

If everyone plays the Ronnie way to the same standard, then he wouldn't be special any more.

Postby mantorok

Wildey wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Wildey wrote:If Jack can get this back to 13-10 from where he was yesterday it would prove a lot about himself as a player he just had a really bad start, even 6-2 would have been better.

That's where the likes of Selby Battling for everything when hes struggling gets wins out of nothing Jack did not he just played the same game.

Yes he talented but a bit one dimensional as a player.

Yea but point is Selby has all sort of different side to his game one of the Best Breakbuilders theres ever been. early next season he will be passing Hendrys total of Centuries currently on 766 but hes multidimensional in the way he plays the game and gets criticized for that but Jack plays in the way many would like Selby to play and Jack gets criticized for that.

There is a very good reason why Ronnie Plays the way he does because hes Special, its up to everyone else to find the best way to combat that.

If everyone plays the Ronnie way to the same standard, then he wouldn't be special any more.

That’s what I meant, Jack is a one dimensional player not Selby.

Postby McManusFan

sas6789 wrote:The QF looks set to be one-sided as well, O'Sullivan, Allen and McGill will all win easily. Higgins v Selby is the only match could potentially be close.

I wouldn't right off Si at all. I expect the wheel to fall off at some point, but McGill showed plenty of weakness at the end of the Jack match. Jak Jones has been terrific as well, who knows which Allen will turn up? Ronnie hasn't been thoroughly convincing either, whereas Brecel is on it.

It's not impossible we get a Brecel, Jones, Si, Higgins/Selby line up.

Postby Ck147

McManusFan wrote:
sas6789 wrote:The QF looks set to be one-sided as well, O'Sullivan, Allen and McGill will all win easily. Higgins v Selby is the only match could potentially be close.

I wouldn't right off Si at all. I expect the wheel to fall off at some point, but McGill showed plenty of weakness at the end of the Jack match. Jak Jones has been terrific as well, who knows which Allen will turn up? Ronnie hasn't been thoroughly convincing either, whereas Brecel is on it.

It's not impossible we get a Brecel, Jones, Si, Higgins/Selby line up.

+1

Postby McManusFan

SnookerFan wrote:https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/john-higgins-told-sod-off-29797578?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

What a crap article! It's really trying to make Kyren look bad, but it all seems well nature enough.

Postby SnookerFan

McManusFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/john-higgins-told-sod-off-29797578?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

What a crap article! It's really trying to make Kyren look bad, but it all seems well nature enough.

That's just journalism now, isn't it? Take a mild commemt that somebody said and blow it out of all proportion.

That or reporting on Twitter quotes like they mean anything.

Postby McManusFan

SnookerFan wrote:
McManusFan wrote:

That's just journalism now, isn't it? Take a mild commemt that somebody said and blow it out of all proportion.

That or reporting on Twitter quotes like they mean anything.

Sport journos seem especially bad for that sort of thing. Makes sense, in the past sport would have had limited space in a physical paper. Now they have unlimited space so you get a lot of nothing articles. This one seemed really bad though, completely misleading.

Postby chengdufan

Snooker, eh?

Postby SnookerEd25

chengdufan wrote:

Snooker, eh?

<ok>