Post a reply

Re: Duelbits Tour Championship Ding Junhui v Kyren Wilson !!

Postby Iranu

HappyCamper wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Deary me Iranu will not be pleased with Manty's avatar.

I only ever use mobile so I don’t see avatars.

even on mobile i update the settings to use the desktop site.

I hate the desktop layout.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Deary me Iranu will not be pleased with Manty's avatar.

I only ever use mobile so I don’t see avatars.

even on mobile i update the settings to use the desktop site.

I hate the desktop layout.

Postby Womble

HappyCamper wrote:
Womble wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
Womble wrote:Did they say that this tournament carries ranking points? How is that fair if only eight people are allowed to play in it? That is more ridiculous than playing BO7s all the time. RANT. RAVE. :|

everyone starts the season on zero points so has an equal* opportunities to qualify.

*at lest up to effects of seedings, random draws etc

I did not know that. But, even so, what this tournament does is allow those qualifiers to pull further ahead on ranking points without giving any of the non-qualifiers an equal chance to catch up. I wouldn't stand for any of that nonsense on my pro tiddlywinks tour. <laugh>

that's true at the last eight stage of any tournament. anyone still standing can add to their tally by winning more matches.

the ranking system as it stands is not terribly rational. but having ranking points for the duelbits series does still fit with its logic.

I do see what you mean. :-)

Postby lhpirnie

Womble wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
Womble wrote:Did they say that this tournament carries ranking points? How is that fair if only eight people are allowed to play in it? That is more ridiculous than playing BO7s all the time. RANT. RAVE. :|

everyone starts the season on zero points so has an equal* opportunities to qualify.

*at lest up to effects of seedings, random draws etc

I did not know that. But, even so, what this tournament does is allow those qualifiers to pull further ahead on ranking points without giving any of the non-qualifiers an equal chance to catch up. I wouldn't stand for any of that nonsense on my pro tiddlywinks tour. <laugh>

You're quite right of course. It's a rubbish system, and giving 'ranking points' for this series is a fudge to cope with that system - they just keep twisting it. Part of the idea was to try and keep the likes of Co92 at the top of the rankings for as long as possible (by guaranteeing them 2 years' worth of extra points), because of their popularity. They couldn't envisage what happened this year.