Post a reply

Re: Duelbits Tour Championship Ali Carter v Kyren Wilson !!!

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:https://www.livesnooker.com/major-ranking-events/tour-championship-snooker/carter-bemoans-subdued-atmosphere/

Hull’s Bonus Arena must be a real comedown when you’re used to a packed Madison Square Garden.

Postby Iranu

Prop wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:https://www.livesnooker.com/major-ranking-events/tour-championship-snooker/carter-bemoans-subdued-atmosphere/

Hull’s Bonus Arena must be a real comedown when you’re used to a packed Madison Square Garden.

rofl

Slamming Andre the Giant in front of 500,000 cheering Cartermaniacs.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:Irrespective of the Carter-Wilson match up the ITV events just all feel the same. Which has been said a lot here because its simply true.

It’s a problem beyond the ITV tournaments, too.

The same grey carpets, often the same sponsor, similar arena layouts, the same studio.

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Irrespective of the Carter-Wilson match up the ITV events just all feel the same. Which has been said a lot here because its simply true.

It’s a problem beyond the ITV tournaments, too.

The same grey carpets, often the same sponsor, similar arena layouts, the same studio.

Yes I agree.

Postby McManusFan

SnookerFan wrote:
McManusFan wrote:Of course it was a subdued atmosphere. It was Carter vs Wilson.

The fact that there were more people discussing the snooker in the studio than in the crowd didn't help.

Turnout hasn't been great. I don't think the venue has done a very good job of marketing it. And it is a very big room. At the Ding match there were over 200 people there.

Some of the camera angles make the problem look worse than it is though. In that arena, the banks of seats directly behind the players give you a really rubbish angle. The side seating (which was way too low down) had much more people in it.

Postby McManusFan

SnookerFan wrote:If it's there next year, I'll consider going.

Location wise it's pretty good. Bang in the middle of Hull. Plenty of nice places to eat and drink nearby. It's very close to the water and the old town, which is a really nice bit of Hull.

The seats are uncomfortable as buck though. But it was the same in York.

Postby The_Abbott

I guess you could argue that its the players that have qualified. Nobody wants to watch them. So will this mean they say the Top super 5 players automatically qualify for all tournaments in future (plus Jimmy White) to boost attendance?

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:I guess you could argue that its the players that have qualified. Nobody wants to watch them. So will this mean they say the Top super 5 players automatically qualify for all tournaments in future (plus Jimmy White) to boost attendance?

I don't think it's the players.

More of a problem with the venue.