Post a reply

Duelbits Tour Championship Mark Allen v Ding Junhui !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 26th March at the Bonus Arena, Hull

So opening up at the Tour Championship is a repeat of the UK Final and the only reason Ding Junhui is in this event having had a poor season otherwise despite picking up the 6 Red World Championship.

Mark Allen's Form has stalled of late, but can he re-capture it in hull?

DRAW

Click for Head to Heads

Overall Allen 7-12 Ding Junhui
Main Tournaments Allen 5-9 Ding Junhui
Multi Session Matches Allen 2-0 Ding Junhui

ORDER OF PLAY

(Not Available in the UK)

OTHER BRODCASTERS

Re: Duelbits Tour Championship Mark Allen v Ding Junhui !!!

Postby Womble

Dan-cat wrote:A bit of an anomaly and that’s all.

What I thought was, after a few years of (only two year valid) ranking points automatically being removed from the top players, maybe that one year list is showing that BO7s are not long enough to be a true test of ability. Mind you, I could be completely wrong. I usually am. lol.

Postby The_Abbott

snooker is more open than it has been in years. Class of 92 showing age. Robbo & Trump no longer in a purple patch and lost form.

Doesn't mean much. Except you can get into the Top 8 winning a tin pot cup or not even winning a tine pot cup.

Basically, if you find form, then at the moment, you have a chance of winning something.

I am glad there is no dominant force in snooker.

Postby Wildey

What it also shows a Ranking based on one Season instead of 2 just not realistic to Ability and Talent all sort of things could happen to a player during one year whereas two gives them opportunity to claw it back like Mark Selby has. The likes of Ding and Ryan Day is in this event Thanks to one Event each. Their form otherwise not been there whereas Allen, Carter and Murphy even Rob Milkins has been More Consistent.

Regarding The Tour Championship, i liken it to a season Long Ranking Event and these are The Quarter Finalist.

Williams, Robertson and Ronnie lost in the Last 32 and Higgins lost in the Last 64.

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:

What it also shows a Ranking based on one Season instead of 2 just not realistic to Ability and Talent all sort of things could happen to a player during one year whereas two gives them opportunity to claw it back like Mark Selby has. The likes of Ding and Ryan Day is in this event Thanks to one Event each. Their form otherwise not been there whereas Allen, Carter and Murphy even Rob Milkins has been More Consistent.

Regarding The Tour Championship, i liken it to a season Long Ranking Event and these are The Quarter Finalist.

Williams, Robertson and Ronnie lost in the Last 32 and Higgins lost in the Last 64.

I like that analogy.

Postby SnookerEd25

Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:Regarding The Tour Championship, i liken it to a season Long Ranking Event and these are The Quarter Finalist.

Great analogy. Would read again.

:lol:

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:Regarding The Tour Championship, i liken it to a season Long Ranking Event and these are The Quarter Finalist.

Great analogy. Would read again.

rofl

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Wildey wrote:

It's also not the Top 8 of the season as a whole, just the Top 8 from the tournaments that count towards the standings. O'Sullivan and Trump are still amount the eight best players of this season overall.

Postby Andre147

Yes this only counts towards ranking event points.

Ronnie, for instance, is only one of 2 more players to have won two or more tournaments this season. "Problem" for him was they weren't ranking events, but big non rankers nontheless, the two biggest in fact apart from The Masters.

Postby hendry_fan

Well thats buckin brilliant innit!.

I,ve worked my socks n undies off of late especially so that i could put my feet up n watch some snooker again.

I,ve just looked at whose takin part in this Tourney,and what do i bl**dy see!,....

,..... NO HIGGINS!.

NO RONNIE!.

NO TRUMP!.

NO ROBBO!

NO HENDRY!.

NO JIMMY!.

>-( :grrr:

NOT EVEN A SINGLE SCOT IS PLAYIN!,WTF IS THIS FOR A STRANGE TOURNEY!. :chin: :dizzy: :roll:

IS IT A FLOWER POT TOURNEY!. :chin:

Ah,WTF!,I,ll put my socks n undies back on and i,ll bu**er off back tae work!. :mood: