Post a reply

WST Classic last 64 and Remaining Last 128 !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Thursday 16th - Wednesday 22nd of March at the Morningside Arena, Leicester

With 4 Last 128 concluding in Leicester, The Last 64 gets underway with Players still fighting for places in the Tour Championship and also a mission to avoid the Cazoo World Championship Qualifiers, at the EIS Sheffield Plus trying to win a Ranking Title.

Ronnie O'Sullivan, Judd Trump, Neil Robertson, Mark Selby, Mark Allen plus in form Shaun Murphy Going strong But Luca Brecel and Ding Junhui has gone by the wayside.

Who will reach the last 32?

DRAW

Remaining Last 128
Jamie Clarke v Rebecca Kenna
Robert Milkins v Mink Nutcharut
Xiao Guodong v Daniel Wells
Zhang Anda v Peter Devlin

Selected Last 64
Ronnie O'Sullivan v David Grace
Liam Highfield v Zhou Yuelong
Jackson Page v Mark Williams
Judd Trump v Wu Yize
Joe Perry v Jimmy White
Jack Lisowski v Si Jiahui
Ben Woollaston v Hossein Vafaei
Scott Donaldson v Barry Hawkins
Lyu Haotian v Joe O'Connor
Oliver Lines v Neil Robertson
Mark Allen v Mark Davis
Stuart Bingham v Matthew Stevens
Anthony McGill v Martin Gould
Muhammad Asif v Ali Carter
Anthony Hamilton v Matthew Selt
James Cahill v Shaun Murphy
Kyren Wilson v Stuart Carrington
John Higgins v Mark Joyce

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: WST Classic last 64 and Remaining Last 128 !!!

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:This tournament sums up how bad this season has been tbh

Would it be better with no tournament at all?

That's the vibe I'm getting from some

Postby TheRocket

Juddernaut88 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Ronnie has withdrawn.

I'm surprised by that.

He was looking at his tip all the time again in his first round match. I dont know how much of a problem it really is and it certainly was a problem at the Welsh Open but I still think he has become obsessed with the tip over the last 2 or 3 years. When you look for problems you will always find one.

Postby Prop

TheRocket wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

I'm surprised by that.

He was looking at his tip all the time again in his first round match. I dont know how much of a problem it really is and it certainly was a problem at the Welsh Open but I still think he has become obsessed with the tip over the last 2 or 3 years. When you look for problems you will always find one.

John Parris put a new ferrule on before the 6 Reds. So he shouldn’t be having the same problems as he was before that. Maybe it’s teething problems with the new ferrule and tip. And yeah, I’m guessing a lot of it is psychological with him. A bit obsessive.

As for getting in the Tour Champs, it was mathematically possible, through the skin of his teeth - if he won this and certain other results went exactly one way. But it was never remotely likely.

Postby Empire State Human

D4P wrote:Ronnie's elbow might still be bothering him...

Yes, he tweeted that it was his elbow and that he has booked a cortisone injection next week which he'd initially postponed for the 6 Reds tournament, but that tweet appears to have now been deleted and replaced by a generic 'elbow injury' comment.

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:

illness? or just tip problems.

no tour champ for him.

He’ll need tip replacement surgery :sad:

Postby TheRocket

Empire State Human wrote:Robertson plays about as badly as I've seen him play. Oli Lines not much better, but Lines wins 4-3.

would be ironic if he played his best at the Crucible for a change and even won his 2nd World title after a season like this. But you can't rule it out.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Empire State Human wrote:Robertson plays about as badly as I've seen him play. Oli Lines not much better, but Lines wins 4-3.

would be ironic if he played his best at the Crucible for a change and even won his 2nd World title after a season like this. But you can't rule it out.

I can see that happening.

Must be his one of his worst ever seasons, so far.

Postby lhpirnie

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

I can see that happening.

Must be his one of his worst ever seasons, so far.

He did actually drop out of the top-16 a few years ago, and missed the Masters. It's not quite true that he's been at the top continually for the last 15 years.

But of course, the World Championship is a problem. The reduced space means he has to modify his technique, but at least this time he gets a few weeks to try to change.