Post a reply

BetVictor Welsh Open Last 64 and Heldover Last 128 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 13th ~ Sunday 19th of February at Venue Cymru, Llandudno, North Wales

For the First time in its history the Welsh Open moves up north to a Venue that has housed all sorts of Tournaments Premier League, World Grand Prix, Players Championship, Tour Championship and even the Scottish Open but this time its the Welsh Open.

20 players been carried over to the Venue including the Top 16 with Joe Perry defending the title he won last year in Newport.

Biggest name Casulties that wont be thre are Gary Wilson the Scottish Open Champion, Xiao Guodong, Jimmy Robertson, Jamie Jones and Tom Ford

Who will reach the Last 32?

DRAW

Held Over Last 128
Joe Perry v Mark King
Noppon Saengkham v Liam Davies
Oliver Briffett-Payne v Robbie Williams
Ryan Day v Stuart Carrington
Kyren Wilson v Asjad Iqbal
Mark Williams v Michael White
Judd Trump v David Grace
Shaun Murphy v Victor Sarkis
Jack Lisowski v Zhang Anda
Neil Robertson v Fraser Patrick
Mark Selby v Jamie O'Neill
Barry Hawkins v Ian Burns
Hossein Vafaei v Lyu Haotian
Luca Brecel v Sean O'Sullivan
Mark Allen v Alfie Burden
John Higgins v Alexander Ursenbacher
Michael Holt v Tian Pengfei
David Gilbert v Marco Fu
Stuart Bingham v Jackson Page
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Oliver Lines

Selected Last 64
Graeme Dott v Joe O'Connor
Hammad Miah v Aaron Hill
Julien Leclercq v Jordan Brown
Matthew Selt v Daniel Wells
Anthony McGill v Sam Craigie
David Lilley v Ricky Walden
Yuan SiJun v Stephen Maguire
Robert Milkins v Dean Young
Cao Yupeng v Ding Junhui
Andy Hicks v Wu Yize
Mohamed Ibrahim v Sanderson Lam
Ali Carter v Ian Martin
Matthew Stevens v Rod Lawler

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 64 and Heldover Last 128 !!

Postby Wildey

It is impossible for Ronnie O'Sullivan and John Higgins to make it to the Players Championship they are in the same Quarter of the Draw O'Sullivan needs the final and Higgins needs the Title.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:It is impossible for Ronnie O'Sullivan and John Higgins to make it to the Players Championship they are in the same Quarter of the Draw O'Sullivan needs the final and Higgins needs the Title.

It is impossible for them BOTH to do it.

Postby gninnur karona

SnookerFan wrote:Might as well just give Lisowski the trophy now.

The last two ranking events were won by two of the four World6Reds qualifiers. Jimmy Robertson hasn't reached Wales so it will be left to Zhang Anda to complete an unlikely hat-trick. In the opening round he has to overcome none other than Jack Lisowski..............................

Postby Prop

LDS wrote:The notable players to keep an eye on because they have yet to qualify for the Player's Championship:

Ronnie O'Sullivan
Neil Robertson
John Higgins
Barry Hawkins
Stuart Bingham
David Gilbert
Hossein Vafaei
Ricky Walden
Anthony McGill

They can't all do well here.

I’m glad there’s a somewhat interesting subplot emerging during the back end of the calendar. It might just be me, but this season has felt unremarkable so far.

Postby Andre147

Just to let you all know I'll be refereeing at this year's Welsh Open, starting tomorrow at 1pm, Robbie Williams v Oliver Payne, table 4. You can watch on ES Player. And after that I'll be on at 7pm.

Looking forward to it!

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:Just to let you all know I'll be refereeing at this year's Welsh Open, starting tomorrow at 1pm, Robbie Williams v Oliver Payne, table 4. You can watch on ES Player. And after that I'll be on at 7pm.

Looking forward to it!

Out of curiosity, is your referee job anything close to a full-time job that pays a full salary, or do you have to work some other full-time job and then just referee once in a while when given the opportunity...?

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Just to let you all know I'll be refereeing at this year's Welsh Open, starting tomorrow at 1pm, Robbie Williams v Oliver Payne, table 4. You can watch on ES Player. And after that I'll be on at 7pm.

Looking forward to it!

:D

Nice one, Andre.

Postby Juddernaut88

Looking forward to it!

:hatoff:

Postby Dan-cat

Looking forward to it!

Ace!

Postby Minimum Break

Looking forward to it!

Best of luck Andre.

Postby Minimum Break

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Joe Perry vs Mark King should be an interesting game this morning.
I'm tempted to watch Bingham vs Page but I think I will stick with Perry vs King for now.

Any commentary on the morning matches?

Yes, but it's Phil Yates.