Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Shoot Out !!!

Postby HappyCamper

two midlands born players with four letter surnames are already through to the quarter finals. can michael holt join this illustrious club?

Postby Iranu

HappyCamper wrote:two midlands born players with four letter surnames are already through to the quarter finals. can michael holt join this illustrious club?

Phil Yates is turgid

Postby McManusFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:Maybe I’ll check it out. I don’t mind them. Which one is Hopkirk?

Bob is Randall, and Vic is Hopkirk. Charlie Higson was the one behind it all.

Postby SnookerEd25

McManusFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Maybe I’ll check it out. I don’t mind them. Which one is Hopkirk?

Bob is Randall, and Vic is Hopkirk. Charlie Higson was the one behind it all.

I thought it would be the other way round. The mind boggles…

Postby HappyCamper

HappyCamper wrote:two midlands born players with four letter surnames are already through to the quarter finals. can michael holt join this illustrious club?

yes, yes he can.

Postby HappyCamper

two of the semi finalists, wakelin and dale, survived a blue ball shoot out earlier in the competition.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:Come on Leclerq!

Wakelin is a boring journeyman.

That’s the final? I just tuned in.

Come on Leclerq!

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Come on Leclerq!

Wakelin is a boring journeyman.

That’s the final? I just tuned in.

Come on Leclerq!

Yes.

What a massive boost this would be for Belgian snooker if Leclerq can take the title.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:Yes.

What a massive boost this would be for Belgian snooker if Leclerq can take the title.

Holden’s household surely on tenterhooks right now.

Postby Iranu

HappyCamper wrote:good break by wakelin. well deserved.

Deserved but disappointing.
Last edited by Iranu on 28 Jan 2023, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

Crowd being very disrespectful. Not listening at all.

Postby csprince

Iranu wrote:Crowd being very disrespectful. Not listening at all.

why change the habit of a lifetime.

Postby gninnur karona

HappyCamper wrote:two of the semi finalists, wakelin and dale, survived a blue ball shoot out earlier in the competition.

Good spot. Both on Thursday to decide first round matches. How close Farakh Ajaib came to knocking out the future champion. From that moment the stars aligned for Chris Wakelin. A little over 48 hours elapsed time later posting the highest break of the tournament in the final sealing a deserved title. A fitting way to end this year's event.

As always I thoroughly enjoyed the shootout, particularly having the opportunity to watch tour players, especially those in the early stages of their careers, who are rarely or never seen on the TV table at other events. Julien Leclercq the standout revelation to me, he fully earned his place in the final. His match against Yuan Sijun probably my personal favourite of the tournament. Ben Mertens versus Fan Zhengyi another that stood out for me.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Didn't see as much of it this year as other years but it's always good to see different players, particularly younger players to the normal Top 16. For that I consider having it around a massive positive.