Post a reply

BetVictor Shoot Out !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 25th ~ Saturday 28th of January at The Morningside Arena, Leicester

Hossein Vafaei triumphed Last Year and became the 13th person to Win the event.

A Few well known high ranking players have Given this a miss but leading the Field is 4 times World Champion Mark Selby and Player of the season Mark Allen

Who Will Win?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor Shoot Out !!!

Postby SnookerEd25

LDS wrote:I'm afraid I can't do my usual shootout n00b commentary this year due to a hectic work schedule.

Which will probably be a huge relief to some.

It’s the only thing that is good about the shiteout. :sad:

So I’ll just ignore the whole tournament and hope it goes away, instead <ok>

Postby John Dalton

I have it on in the background and keep my eye out for the people I have not seen before. And the female players of course. I like the female players to win the odd game or two.

Postby SnookerFan

John Dalton wrote:I have it on in the background and keep my eye out for the people I have not seen before. And the female players of course. I like the female players to win the odd game or two.

:welcome:

Postby John Dalton

SnookerFan wrote:
John Dalton wrote:I have it on in the background and keep my eye out for the people I have not seen before. And the female players of course. I like the female players to win the odd game or two.

Thank you. I'm pleased that I took the plunge and signed up.

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:

That's not the way we greet new members now, keep up.

Postby Cazoo

Ronnie, Judd, Robertson and Higgins have not entered. The rest of the top 16 will be playing. McGill, who is ranked 19th is the only other notable absentee.

Postby Cazoo

SnookerFan wrote:Shouldn't be a ranking event.

Agreed. It was a strange decision for them to make it one. Its now been a ranking event for longer than it was non ranking one though, so I expect them to keep it that way.

Postby RunningSide

Cazoo wrote:

Agreed. It was a strange decision for them to make it one. Its now been a ranking event for longer than it was non ranking one though, so I expect them to keep it that way.

Smegma

Postby Cazoo

RunningSide wrote:
Cazoo wrote:

Smegma

What?

Postby SteveJJ

Cazoo wrote:Ronnie, Judd, Robertson and Higgins have not entered. The rest of the top 16 will be playing. McGill, who is ranked 19th is the only other notable absentee.

You've missed Yan and Zhao in your top 16 absentee list

Postby Cazoo

SteveJJ wrote:
Cazoo wrote:Ronnie, Judd, Robertson and Higgins have not entered. The rest of the top 16 will be playing. McGill, who is ranked 19th is the only other notable absentee.

You've missed Yan and Zhao in your top 16 absentee list

I assumed their absence would need no mention.

Postby John Dalton

First match of the shootout is Hossein Vafaei v Shaun Murphy. Followed by Vladislav Gradinari v Ng On Yee. I like watching people I have never seen before and I have never even heard of Vladislav Gradinari. Should be fun.

Postby The_Abbott

John Dalton wrote:First match of the shootout is Hossein Vafaei v Shaun Murphy. Followed by Vladislav Gradinari v Ng On Yee. I like watching people I have never seen before and I have never even heard of Vladislav Gradinari. Should be fun.

I've never heard of Shaun Murphy either. Sounds a right noob.

Postby Cazoo

John Dalton wrote:First match of the shootout is Hossein Vafaei v Shaun Murphy. Followed by Vladislav Gradinari v Ng On Yee. I like watching people I have never seen before and I have never even heard of Vladislav Gradinari. Should be fun.

It is always nice to see some new faces, and the Shoot Out always provides this. I feel like this tournament gets unnecessary stick, but I’ve found it enjoyable over the years.

Postby John Dalton

Cazoo wrote:

It is always nice to see some new faces, and the Shoot Out always provides this. I feel like this tournament gets unnecessary stick, but I’ve found it enjoyable over the years.

I think it's a bit mad for it to be a ranking tournament. But it's a good laugh anyway. I enjoy it.