Post a reply

Cazoo UK Championship Semi Finals (Nov 19th) !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 12th-20th of November at The Barbican Centre, York

Well a turn up for the Books in the Quarter Finals as Ronnie O'Sullivan Exit at the hands of Ding Junhui has opened up the door to a few players including Ding himself as he next plays Tom Ford.

And in the other half of the draw Jack Lisowski will be Taking on Mark Allen after taking Shaun Murphy apart with 4 centuries.

Who will Reach the Final?

DRAW

Semi Finals
Mark Allen v Jack Lisowski Lisowski leads 5-1
------------------------------------------------
Tom Ford v Ding Junhui Ding Junhui leads 6-2

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Cazoo UK Championship Semi Finals (Nov 19th) !!!

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:Is it just me or is Ding not looking particularly well physically at the moment? His game is in decent nick, but he has put on weight, and he looked ashen faced in his interview on the BBC highlights just now.

He looks a lot better than he did a few years ago.

If I - uninformed as I am - were to put it down to anything, it would be living his life with his wife and child and receiving regular meals.

Slimmer doesn’t always mean healthier.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:Ding needs to go on and win the title otherwise his victory over Ronnie will count for absolutely nothing.

Might still inspire him for greater results. What he definately must do is reach the Final, he can't afford to lose to Ford lol

Should he lose the Final to Allen or Lisowski it's not the end of the world and like I said could inspire him for the future.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:Ding needs to go on and win the title otherwise his victory over Ronnie will count for absolutely nothing.

Even if he loses to Ford, and I don't expect him to, he'll go up 11 places in the world rankings. If he wins tomorrow but doesn't win the final, it's 18 places. I know what you're saying and I would be very disappointed with anything less than the title from here because it has opened up, but it's a buck of a stretch to say it'd count for nothing.

Postby Lou147

I would absolutely love to see Lisowski break his duck here especially at a major but I cant see past Ding given his experience at this level

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:

Even if he loses to Ford, and I don't expect him to, he'll go up 11 places in the world rankings. If he wins tomorrow but doesn't win the final, it's 18 places. I know what you're saying and I would be very disappointed with anything less than the title from here because it has opened up, but it's a buck of a stretch to say it'd count for nothing.

If he beats Ronnie only to go and lose his very next match, he’s no better than the likes of Michael Holt or Elliott Slessor, IMO.

Postby SnookerEd25

So, a fourth UK for Ding or a first-time winner - and for two of the combatants that would be a first Ranker.

I’ll settle for that <ok>

(but I’d like to see Jack pop his cherry)

Postby Holden Chinaski

Johnny Bravo wrote:I'm rooting for Allen and Ford. :mosh:

Short people got nobody
Short people got nobody
Short people got nobody
To love

They got little baby legs
And they stand so low
You got to pick 'em up
Just to say hello

They got little cars
That go beep, beep, beep
They got little voices
Goin' peep, peep, peep

Postby Johnny Bravo

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:I'm rooting for Allen and Ford. :mosh:

Short people got nobody
Short people got nobody
Short people got nobody
To love

They got little baby legs
And they stand so low
You got to pick 'em up
Just to say hello

They got little cars
That go beep, beep, beep
They got little voices
Goin' peep, peep, peep

<ok>

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Allen saying he felt he deserved to be on table 1 tonight but that the table 1 crowd got the match they deserved.

Did he say that?

What a idiot.

Yes. He thought that since he was the highest ranked player remaining that he should be on table 1.

Though in this set up at the barbican I don't think there is an actual meaningful difference between the tables?

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Allen saying he felt he deserved to be on table 1 tonight but that the table 1 crowd got the match they deserved.

Did he say that?

What a idiot.

Yes. He thought that since he was the highest ranked player remaining that he should be on table 1.

Though in this set up at the barbican I don't think there is an actual meaningful difference between the tables?

Don't think so.

Maybe he meant he wanted to be on the TV table.

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:I'm playing Snooker today between 10-1. So I will probably miss the first frame. I should be back about 1:30 roughly.

OK Judders, I won’t panic like I did the last time you ‘disappeared’ <ok>

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:

Did he say that?

What a idiot.

He wasn’t saying it in a bad way.

Postby Wildey

Both tables are identical both have BBC Commentary and Both have Eurosport Commentary, if they had put Allen on Table 1 the Broadcasters would have shown table 2.