Post a reply

Cazoo UK Championship Quarter Finals (Nov 18th) !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 12th-20th of November at The Barbican Centre, York

Quarter Finals Sees a mixture of Proven winners in the form of Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui and Shaun Murphy and others like Tom Ford, Sam Craigie and even Jack Lisowski who is yet to win a Tournament.

Who will make the Semi Finals?

DRAW

Quarter Finals
Sam Craigie v Mark Allen Allen leads 3-0
Jack Lisowski v Shaun Murphy Murphy leads 5-1
------------------------------------------------
Joe Perry v Tom Ford Perry leads 7-6
Ding Junhui v Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 20-5

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Cazoo UK Championship Quarter Finals (Nov 18th) !!!

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Ding Junhui last win against Ronnie O'Sullivan was at the 2019 UK Championship that Ding won

Yep. Every now and then Ding has the odd win against ROS, so tomorrow Ronnie will need to be wary of that. I'm sure he will be, but a tough win, 6-4 I think.

Postby eraserhead

Cloud Strife wrote:We might be getting that Ford v Ronnie dream semi-final, after all.

Written in the stars. Now I feel like I've jinxed Ronnie and he'll lose to Ford for the first time in a proper match.

Postby csprince

eraserhead wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:We might be getting that Ford v Ronnie dream semi-final, after all.

Written in the stars. Now I feel like I've jinxed Ronnie and he'll lose to Ford for the first time in a proper match.

hold up he hasn't beaten ding yet.

Postby Iranu

eraserhead wrote:

This dismissal of Ding is outrageous!

Postby eraserhead

Iranu wrote:This dismissal of Ding is outrageous!

csprince wrote:hold up he hasn't beaten ding yet.

Not writing off Ding at all. The prospect of A Ronnie - Ford semi final in a major now just seems too funny not to happen.

Postby HappyCamper

eraserhead wrote:

Not writing off Ding at all. The prospect of A Ronnie - Ford semi final in a major now just seems too funny not to happen.

it's happened before.

Postby D4P

HappyCamper wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

it's happened before.

With Mark Allen in the other semi...

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

This is the first time Ding has been in a quarter Final of a tournament with no expectations put on him since 2005 that will make a big difference to how he approaches a match with Ronnie.

Postby Cloud Strife

HappyCamper wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

it's happened before.

And may it happen again.

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

More chance of a sausage pic making the Victoria's Secret calendar.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Lolz Pinkball!

Jack was so good last night. A maestro. If he can start winning perhaps he’s our post-Ronnie saviour. A big if. But if it can happen to Bingham / Hawkins after years as journeymen then it can happen for Jack.

The Ebdon effect.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 10 Aug 2023, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Acé

don't know why everyone is writing Ding off, 4/5 of their last matches have gone to deciders

although Ronnie is playing better than 2020-2021 but still Ding can easily catch fire, no one thought he'd beat him in 2019 and win the tournament out of literally nowhere