Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Champion of Champions Semi Final 1 !!!!

Postby Juddernaut88

Ck147 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:It's all over and Judd wins 6-3 :D

Well done to your man! What’s your preference for the final, Ronnie or Fan?

I actually want it to be Ronnie because it will be a huge test for him. Also if he were to beat Ronnie he would have done it having to beat 3 big players. Obviously if Judd loses the final I'll sulk for a few days lol

Postby Ck147

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:It's all over and Judd wins 6-3 :D

Well done to your man! What’s your preference for the final, Ronnie or Fan?

I actually want it to be Ronnie because it will be a huge test for him. Also if he were to beat Ronnie he would have done it having to beat 3 big players. Obviously if Judd loses the final I'll sulk for a few days lol

Lol, but yeah he looks back in good form, I think he might have this

Postby Prop

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Prop wrote:Is Judd actually coming back into form? Genuinely this time?

I'll let you know in May.

I’m not ruling it out! He played really well. Safety was excellent and he hit his groove. A win this week might kick his season on in a big way.

Postby TheRocket

Have the feeling that if Judd was to beat Ronnie in the final it could have the same impact like the Masters final 2019 and might give him the confidence to go on and win multiple tournaments. Maybe another 2019-2021 spell.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Have the feeling that if Judd was to beat Ronnie in the final it could have the same impact like the Masters final 2019 and might give him the confidence to go on and win multiple tournaments. Maybe another 2019-2021 spell.

We''ll see. Having 2 seasons like that would be very difficult though.

Postby Prop

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Have the feeling that if Judd was to beat Ronnie in the final it could have the same impact like the Masters final 2019 and might give him the confidence to go on and win multiple tournaments. Maybe another 2019-2021 spell.

Even if he got somewhere close to that standard, he’d surely start picking up regular wins. Maybe not to the extent he did when he won five (or was it six?) in a season. But he’s dangerous as hell when he plays anything like that.

Postby Satch4

Andre147 wrote:

He was killing it in 2019/2020 until the covid break. I suspected it didn't do him any favours when he was on course to crushing the most centuries in a season record and then only meekly made a hundred and didn't break the record

Postby Iranu

Prop wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Even if he got somewhere close to that standard, he’d surely start picking up regular wins. Maybe not to the extent he did when he won five (or was it six?) in a season. But he’s dangerous as hell when he plays anything like that.

And let’s not forget he won two tournaments last season in what was a ‘bad season’ for him. So he’s not THAT far off.

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

And let’s not forget he won two tournaments last season in what was a ‘bad season’ for him. So he’s not THAT far off.

Exactly. I suppose how he deals with expectation is important. Everyone saw what he’s capable of a few years ago. Does it weigh on him that a) he might never consistently play quite to that standard again, and b) people judge him by that run of form and so always expect more?

Anyway, it’s likely he’ll click up another notch at some point, which would be enough to start steamrollering again. I don’t know how many notches he is away from that ridiculous form, but arguably he doesn’t need to completely replicate it.

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:
Satch4 wrote:Ken says that Judd is an exhibitionist :chin:

So that’s where the nickname Trumpet comes from.

Trombone on Sundays.

Postby Andre147

To put it simply, Judd doesnt need to win 5 or 6 rankers per season again. What he needs to do is start winning a lot more of the TC events, he's "only" on 3 and really should win a lot more.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Prop wrote:Even the so-called Judd haters watched it, AND enjoyed it!

I turned off at quarter past nine. Now how you gonna act?

Like you’re a bucking mental case?

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:

How I always act; suave, and unconcerned :shrug:

Postby Iranu

SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

How I always act; suave, and unconcerned :shrug:

You’re a terrible actor

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Like you’re a bucking mental case?

This is brand new information.