Post a reply

The UK Championships final stages draw made

Postby SnookerFan

The .pdf draw here.

https://wst.tv/wp-content/uploads/2022/ ... draw-4.pdf

Or the order of play for the first round looks like this.

Saturday November 12, 1pm
Zhao Xintong v qualifier
Mark Allen v qualifier

Saturday November 12, 7pm
Kyren Wilson v qualifier
Ryan Day v qualifier

Sunday November 13, 1pm
Neil Robertson v qualifier
Luca Brecel v qualifier

Sunday November 13, 7pm
John Higgins v qualifier
Barry Hawkins v qualifier

Monday November 14, 1pm
Ronnie O’Sullivan v qualifier
Yan Bingtao v qualifier

Monday November 14, 7pm
Mark Williams v qualifier
Stuart Bingham v qualifier

Tuesday November 15, 1pm
Judd Trump v qualifier
Jack Lisowski v qualifier

Tuesday November 15, 7pm
Mark Selby v qualifier
Shaun Murphy v qualifier

Re: The UK Championships final stages draw made

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I've got a week off for this, sweeties.

I'm off the week before :(

Watch the qualifiers. :D

Depends which matches are on.

Postby SnookerFan

Going back to the old way of top-16 through to the last 32 is a great idea by the WST. Not saying it necessarily needs to be done for every tournament, but makes the UK Championship feel more special again. Now just lengthen the matches, hey?

Postby GeF

SnookerFan wrote:Going back to the old way of top-16 through to the last 32 is a great idea by the WST. Not saying it necessarily needs to be done for every tournament, but makes the UK Championship feel more special again. Now just lengthen the matches, hey?

Special? Not.
They could have set a proper format. There are many ways of making a tiered event.
Instead, they just copy/paste the World's format.

UK Championship is half World's Championship: Same format, half points (prize money).

Postby SnookerFan

GeF wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Going back to the old way of top-16 through to the last 32 is a great idea by the WST. Not saying it necessarily needs to be done for every tournament, but makes the UK Championship feel more special again. Now just lengthen the matches, hey?

Special? Not.
They could have set a proper format. There are many ways of making a tiered event.
Instead, they just copy/paste the World's format.

UK Championship is half World's Championship: Same format, half points (prize money).

Same format, apart from shorter matches.

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:Top 16 protected :irk:

Makes it better, as long as it's only a few tournaments. Makes it feel like a bigger deal.

First few days of the Home Nations always feel crap, for example. But that's partly due to the best of sevens, of course.

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerFan wrote:

Makes it better, as long as it's only a few tournaments. Makes it feel like a bigger deal.

First few days of the Home Nations always feel crap, for example. But that's partly due to the best of sevens, of course.

I guess it allows us to see Murphy smashed by someone that shouldn't be in the same room as him again.

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I guess it allows us to see Murphy smashed by someone that shouldn't be in the same room as him again.

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby Wildey

mantorok wrote:
Wildey wrote:What planet are WST on yesterday they did the draw for the UK Liang Wenbo was in the draw today they have suspended him meaning there will be a walk over in the UK Draw. god sakes what a bunch of idiots

https://wst.tv/wpbsa-statement-liang-wenbo-3/

Time for Wenbo to just do one.

They have suspended him again for the same offence after he came back and played a few matches.

Postby Wildey

HappyCamper wrote:the wpbsa and wst are different entities.

Yea but with the UK Not starting for another 10 days couldn't the WPBSA have told WST to hold off a day or 2 Christ hardly rocket science

Postby SnookerFan

Pity the WST didn't announce that tickets to the UK Championship qualifiers were available to buy more than a few weeks in advance. I've never done Pond's Forge. So travelling up for a few days may have been enjoyable. I can't rearrange my Annual Leave at this short notice now.

Not the big names, I suppose. But I enjoyed my time at the English Institute Of Sport earlier this year.

Marketing the sport was never the WST's strong point. For months they were advertising the qualifiers as being in York, until they moved it. Might be nice if they could work these things out in advance.

Postby gninnur karona

HappyCamper wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Hendry withdraws from the qualifying event. Pagett gets a bye

quelle surprise

I am surprised that Andrew Pagett has been awarded a walkover. Shouldn't Stephen Hendry have been replaced by a top-up player?