Post a reply

Re: Cazoo British Open Last 64 and Heldover Last 128 !!!

Postby TheRocket

I see Ursenbacher lost 4:1 to O'Connor. Prime example of someone who can play good for one match but just lacks the consistency and ability to sustain it. These players will never make it to the top which is actually a pity with Ursenbacher because his game is good to watch.

Postby SnookerFan

SteveJJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Do we know who the 7pm match tomorrow night is?

Looking at the updated schedule, I'd presume the 7pm game will be Selby v Cao.

Followed by either Hawkins v Hallworth or Lu Ning v Lisowski

I was hoping for the first match I watched properly this week to be somebody other than Selby, but hey ho.

Postby SnookerFan

Amazing grace how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind but now I see
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed
Through many dangers, toils, and snares
I have already come
This grace that brought me safe thus far
And grace will lead me home
When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright, shining as the sun
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we first begun
Amazing grace how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind but now I see

Postby Wildey

mantorok wrote:
Wildey wrote:it has to be said the 3rd round draw looks a mess with only 2 completed matches the others ar Either/or

Yeah, which was kind of my point, they should wait until the round has finished then keep the audience around for the draw and add a bit of drama/excitement.

Absolutely Lets make the draw a event

There were 18 matches out of 32 not finished when the draw was made, it's ridiculous having some players actually knowing who they play in a Open Draw

Postby Iranu

I always find the live draws absolutely interminable.

If I wanted to watch a guy fumbling around with a bag of balls for 20 minutes there are sites dedicated to that.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:I always find the live draws absolutely interminable.

If I wanted to watch a guy fumbling around with a bag of balls for 20 minutes there are sites dedicated to that.

It wasn't twenty minutes, but I can see where you're coming from. I like the draws, but there is probably an art to them. Rob Walker, for all his charisma, did come across like he was trying too hard to make it interesting yesterday.

It's probably a hard thing to get right. With a lot of big names out of the draw, you have to find away to explain who the lower ranked players are to the casuals.

Going; "It's Player A, who beat Player B 4-2 yesterday" is probably necessary, especially when there's one TV table and no streams. But it doesn't always make gripping telly.

I'd still leave the draws in. It highlights the difference between the British Open and other tournaments.

Postby Iranu

Yeah I don’t expect everyone to hate the live draws, I just find them awkward personally. I think maybe the fact it’s so basic-looking doesn’t help. Doesn’t exactly scream Big Time.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:Yeah I don’t expect everyone to hate the live draws, I just find them awkward personally. I think maybe the fact it’s so basic-looking doesn’t help. Doesn’t exactly scream Big Time.

We should be grateful it isn't like the World Cup draw, where they televise 2 hours of rubbish before the actual draw starts. Then the draw takes like another ninety minutes.

"And now we have a break for some local school kids to sing us Azerbaijan's National Anthem...." :zzz:

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Yeah I don’t expect everyone to hate the live draws, I just find them awkward personally. I think maybe the fact it’s so basic-looking doesn’t help. Doesn’t exactly scream Big Time.

We should be grateful it isn't like the World Cup draw, where they televise 2 hours of rubbish before the actual draw starts. Then the draw takes like another ninety minutes.

"And now we have a break for some local school kids to sing us Azerbaijan's National Anthem...." :zzz:

You won’t be surprised to learn I’ve never watched the World Cup draw.

Postby mantorok

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

You won’t be surprised to learn I’ve never watched the World Cup draw.

And I never will after reading its description.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Come on Judd! I'm working in the office today so I'll be missing the match :(
I'll keep an eye out on the live scores website.

It's a hard knock life for Judders.

hard knock life is an okay song by Jay Z back in 1998 I believe.