Post a reply

Re: BetVictor World Mixed Doubles Championship

Postby Andre147

So Robbo/Mink still have a chance to make it to the Final.

But they have to rely on Ronnie/Reanne losing their match. If they win or tie, it's Selby's team v Ronnie's in the Final.

Postby GeF

If Selby-Kenna win the last match, they will face Robertson-Mink in the final.
Otherwise, they'll meet O'Sullivan-Evans.

Edit: I don't see Andre already post this... :(

Postby Andre147

Prop wrote:
Wildey wrote:Willo and Ron where was that?

Some Chinese event IIRC. A while ago.

Edit. Found it.

https://youtu.be/Og-Q58llCVs

Yes I do remember that. They made a great team, MJW and Ronnie. But yes, even for the very best in the world, playing scotch doubles is not easy to get any fluency.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Sorry, just nipped to the shop.

Who needs what to get to the final now?

Basicly Ronnie/Reanne needs 2 frames Judd and Ng is out But Ng playing in British Open on Tuesday

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Sorry, just nipped to the shop.

Who needs what to get to the final now?

Read above.

Everything too much Trouble for him lol

Postby SnookerFan

GeF wrote:If Selby-Kenna win the last match, they will face Robertson-Mink in the final.
Otherwise, they'll meet O'Sullivan-Evans.

Edit: I don't see Andre already post this... :(

<ok>
Last edited by SnookerFan on 25 Sep 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

I was thinking about this this morning. This whole thing about some of this tournament, and the British Open being on ITV1.

Will this lead to them rejigging some of the tournament formats? The only reason ITV don't put any Saturday afternoon play on is because it clashes with the horse racing.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:I was thinking about this this morning. This whole thing about some of this tournament, and the British Open being on ITV1.

Will this lead to them rejigging some of the tournament formats? The only reason ITV don't put any Saturday afternoon play on is because it clashes with the horse racing.

It would be great if they reintroduced the bo25 final in the Tour Champs, with the final session being on ITV1.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I was thinking about this this morning. This whole thing about some of this tournament, and the British Open being on ITV1.

It would be great if they reintroduced the bo25 final in the Tour Champs, with the final session being on ITV1.

Yes, good example.

They've turded with The Tour Championships long format too much.

Postby Prop

That’d be great for the game. Bit of a coup getting any snooker on the main ITV channel, so imagine getting the TC on. You never know!

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:The first Tour Championship in 2019 was still the best. Lot of close and quality matches and a bo25 final. All the Tour Champs after that never reached that level again.

This year was great though.

Ronnie v MJW and Ronnie v Robbo were some of the best matches of the season.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:The first Tour Championship in 2019 was still the best. Lot of close and quality matches and a bo25 final. All the Tour Champs after that never reached that level again.

yes this year it was pretty good. I still think the bo25 final needs to come back though. Its a stupid decision to have quarters,semis and final have the very same length (bo19).

Bo17,19,25 was great. At least make the final bo21.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:One year I am going to take a week off and go to the Tour Championship. Or maybe the Players Championships. One or the other.

Where’s the TC this season?

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

yes this year it was pretty good. I still think the bo25 final needs to come back though. Its a stupid decision to have quarters,semis and final have the very same length (bo19).

Bo17,19,25 was great. At least make the final bo21.

Yeah the final should really be a longer format than the previous rounds.

Postby SnookerFan

Selby and Rebecca Kenna are 2-1 up over Ronnie and Evans. If Ronnie and Evans win the next frame, they're in the final. If they lose, they go home. I didn't expect this to be that dramatic.