Post a reply

BetVictor World Mixed Doubles Championship

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 24th - Sunday 25th of September at the Marshal Arena, Milton Keynes

A New Tournament Mixed Doubles on ITV last time ITV Brodcast of a Snooker Doubles contest was in 1987 When Mike Hallett & Stephen Hendry Beat Cliff Thorburn & Dennis Taylor 12-8 and During that tournament Ronnie O'Sullivan was Turning 12 Years of age-

Reanne Evans, Ng On Yee, Mink Nutcharat and Rebecca Kenna are teaming up with Top Players Ronnie O'Sullivan, Judd Trump, Neil Robertson and Mark Selby over a round robin format with Top 2 Teams going to the Final

Who will win?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor World Mixed Doubles Championship

Postby lhpirnie

Has Ronnie O'Sullivan confirmed? He had said he was targeting Hong Kong for his return from injury.

If this mixed-doubles event was essentially yet another vehicle to promote Ronnie O'Sullivan, would it be postponed if he doesn't play, or is there a reserve player?

Postby SnookerFan

lhpirnie wrote:Has Ronnie O'Sullivan confirmed? He had said he was targeting Hong Kong for his return from injury.

If this mixed-doubles event was essentially yet another vehicle to promote Ronnie O'Sullivan, would it be postponed if he doesn't play, or is there a reserve player?

It's not a vehicle to promote Ronnie, is it?

It's a vehicle to promote the woman's game.

Postby HappyCamper

lhpirnie wrote:Has Ronnie O'Sullivan confirmed? He had said he was targeting Hong Kong for his return from injury.

it was just the top four in the ranking, so presumably higgins would get roped in.

Postby Wildey

if Ronnie pulls out Jamie Hunter will replace him

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:Ronnie is the best male player in the world and Reanne is the best female player, so the other teams don't stand a chance.

Ng On Yee is the best female player statisticly shes won Main Tour matches

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:

For bucks sake. Why?

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:

For bucks sake. Why?

That's crazy. It should be John Higgins. Hopefully Ronnie will play though.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:

For bucks sake. Why?

i suspect that was an attempt at a joke.

Postby GeF

WST make 10 times more noise (communication on Social Media, among other things) for this exhibition than they do for a real big tournament.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:It does promote the women's game, mind.

Not Really

For This to truly promote the Woman's game the woman needs to shine, if that doesn't happen then its not worked.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:It does promote the women's game, mind.

Not Really

For This to truly promote the Woman's game the woman needs to shine, if that doesn't happen then its not worked.

It's still designed to promote the women's game. That's what it's for. It's why the Mixed Double's exists. As a tool to promote the women's game. Whether it becomes a success or not doesn't alter the intent.

Besides, you could argue that how they play isn't the be all and end all. It's not a serious event. Yes, if the women look like they can't pot a ball, or start Ebdoning it up, it might deter some fans. But at the same time, it's meant as a fun event. If they let their personalities show, have a bit of a laugh, it might make some fans not as familiar with them become fans. As long as they look semi-competent whilst doing it, it's pretty much job done.

Postby mantorok

I'm going to this if anyone fancies a meet-up. It's attractive to me as it's my first live attendance and being able to see all of these players albeit a knock-about would be pretty good. Reckon the crowd will be bordering on the Shootout mind, we shall see.

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:I'm going to this if anyone fancies a meet-up. It's attractive to me as it's my first live attendance and being able to see all of these players albeit a knock-about would be pretty good. Reckon the crowd will be bordering on the Shootout mind, we shall see.

If I didn't have plans this weekend Mants, I'd come up. <ok>