Post a reply

hendry withdraws from northern ireland open

Postby csprince

Monday 8 Aug 2022 01:02PM
Stephen Hendry has pulled out of the BetVictor Northern Ireland Open and has been replaced in the draw by Zhao Jianbo.

Hendry was due to face Aaron Hill in the qualifying round later this month in Wigan. Hill will now take on Zhao instead.

Re: hendry withdraws from northern ireland open

Postby Prop

When his comeback first started, a few people banded about the idea - usually jokingly - that Hearn or another higher-up had paid him to pick his cue up again.

I’m now seeing this stated as fact quite frequently (multiple sources). It’ll never be something it couldn’t possibly be. If he never really wanted it as a competitive sportsman, he was never going to perform that way.

Re: hendry withdraws from northern ireland open

Postby lhpirnie

Prop wrote:When his comeback first started, a few people banded about the idea - usually jokingly - that Hearn or another higher-up had paid him to pick his cue up again.

I’m now seeing this stated as fact quite frequently (multiple sources). It’ll never be something it couldn’t possibly be. If he never really wanted it as a competitive sportsman, he was never going to perform that way.

I doubt that, but Hendry does have endorements and sponsorship deals still. He benefits financially from being on tour, so long as people are talking about him. It's the same for WST.