Post a reply

Re: Cazoo British Open Qualifying !!!

Postby csprince

SnookerFan wrote:https://www.livesnooker.com/major-ranking-events/british-open/liang-at-centre-of-controversy-on-playing-return/

you would have thought he'd of kept a low profile.

Postby Wildey

Reanne Evans this is her 3rd season as a pro is yet to win a match as a pro in 34 matches

Ng on Yee has won 2 Matches in 14

Postby McManusFan

Wildey wrote:Strange situation you got Ng on yee the highest ranked woman on the Main Tour but not World No 1 Woman.

For some reason Ng has always looked the strongest of the women pros. Perhaps she's better adapted to the conditions? I'm not sure if the women's tour is played on less fine cloths or something.

Postby cupotee

Wildey wrote:Reanne Evans this is her 3rd season as a pro is yet to win a match as a pro in 34 matches

Evans's lack of development surprises me after she outplayed Robin Hull in the Crucible qualifiers a good while ago.
Yes Ng on Yee looks the better player now but there might have been a trace of cronyism in Wu Yize's performance against her last season.

Postby Wildey

McManusFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Strange situation you got Ng on yee the highest ranked woman on the Main Tour but not World No 1 Woman.

For some reason Ng has always looked the strongest of the women pros. Perhaps she's better adapted to the conditions? I'm not sure if the women's tour is played on less fine cloths or something.

They are played in Clubs and yes they have thicker Cloths.

Clubs cant change Cloths every Week

Postby Wildey

cupotee wrote:
Wildey wrote:Reanne Evans this is her 3rd season as a pro is yet to win a match as a pro in 34 matches

Evans's lack of development surprises me after she outplayed Robin Hull in the Crucible qualifiers a good while ago.
Yes Ng on Yee looks the better player now but there might have been a trace of cronyism in Wu Yize's performance against her last season.

I think having Ng on Yee doing better might put added pressure on Reanne going forward while Ng in a position to build on it Reanne chasing a win.

Postby lhpirnie

cupotee wrote:

You mean they might be distant relatives? ('Ng On Yee' is 'Wu An Yi' in Mandarin, the same surname).

Actually, if you've seen Wu Yize play, you'll know he's very erratic still: he can beat anyone, but can also lose to anyone. It was just the sort of match Ng On Yee might be able to control. But the Doherty win was a (minor) surprise. In these best-of-7's it's really helpful to get a good start.

Postby chengdufan

lhpirnie wrote:You mean they might be distant relatives? ('Ng On Yee' is 'Wu An Yi'

Wu and Ng share the surname 吴 with 33,000,000 mainland Chinese, according to the 2014 census. The chances of them being related seem low. :-D

Postby cupotee

Reply to both, just that he seemed a bit subpar vs On Yee, I had no idea about the same surname's but thanks for the info.
Jimmy White later at 11/4 looks enticing , he didn't look to bad a week or two ago vs Andrew Pagett.

Postby chengdufan

cupotee wrote:Reply to both, just that he seemed a bit subpar vs On Yee, I had no idea about the same surname's but thanks for the info.
Jimmy White later at 11/4 looks enticing , he didn't look to bad a week or two ago vs Andrew Pagett.

Hmm, I'm not a fan of those odds. I reckon he's got a 1 in 5 chance of beating Hamilton.

Postby mantorok

Maybe she hasn’t been putting the work in, snake hissing about doing punditry can’t be helping.

Postby Wildey

Looks like they have stopped testing players now or taking no interest in positive tests.

Postby csprince

Vallomas wrote:Has anyone mentioned that Ng played without a mask on her face for the first time during the Covid era?

i think wildey has that covered.

Postby cupotee

BringBackTonyDrago wrote:Jimmy loses 4-0. What is even the point ?

He wasn't nearly as flat against Andrew Pagett around a 10 a.m. start nineteen days ago in the European Masters qualifiers , if they're going to make such an effort to continually give him two year cards then maybe they should only schedule his matches at a fresher time of day and not waiting for matches like Barry Pinches vs Andy Lee which finished nearly three hours after the match that started at the same time on the other table, Day vs Kenna.
Just a thought.

Postby Wildey

cupotee wrote:

He wasn't nearly as flat against Andrew Pagett around a 10 a.m. start nineteen days ago in the European Masters qualifiers , if they're going to make such an effort to continually give him two year cards then maybe they should only schedule his matches at a fresher time of day and not waiting for matches like Barry Pinches vs Andy Lee which finished nearly three hours after the match that started at the same time on the other table, Day vs Kenna.
Just a thought.

maybe they should organise a zimmer frame, slippers and a carer for him too just to make life easy in his twilight years

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
cupotee wrote:

Just a thought.

maybe they should organise a zimmer frame, slippers and a carer for him too just to make life easy in his twilight years

buck

Postby SteveJJ

chengdufan wrote:The first pair of matches today look very tasty. Fan v Clarke and Cao v Fu.

Wildey will be enjoying Cao wearing a mask.

Referee in shirt sleeves. Heatwave measures reach the snooker

Postby Wildey

Cao bucking Yupeng has a bra on his bucking face now no wander he was suspended the bucking tosser.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
cupotee wrote:

Just a thought.

That's what Stephen Hendry needs these days.

Postby SteveJJ

cupotee wrote:

Just a thought.

I think giving him endless wildcards shows him enough favouritism without letting him pick when his matches should be scheduled as well

Postby SteveJJ

Wildey wrote:Cao bucking Yupeng has a bra on his bucking face now no wander he was suspended the bucking tosser.

Has he got a lovely smile you are missing seeing, like you missed Ng On Yee's?

Postby Raiel

Wildey wrote:Cao bucking Yupeng has a bra on his bucking face now no wander he was suspended the bucking tosser.

Perhaps he's worried about the donkeypox, or is it monkeypox or something? The next thing we're all supposed to be terrified of. lol.