Post a reply

Re: Cazoo British Open Qualifying !!!

Postby Minimum Break

primitivesludge wrote:Greetings from Wigan. Mink playing terribly. Himanshu vs Xu is a total scrap, about to go 1-1.

Greetings.

Are you one of the 4 people we can see in the crowd on that table?

Postby primitivesludge

Minimum Break wrote:
primitivesludge wrote:Greetings from Wigan. Mink playing terribly. Himanshu vs Xu is a total scrap, about to go 1-1.

Greetings.

Are you one of the 4 people we can see in the crowd on that table?

Black t-shirt, sunglasses on head, behind two lads in shorts with very short hair

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:i blame WST nobody else

It’s not WST’s fault that ITV Player is terrible.

Just look at their other events. BBC and Eurosport would be crucified if they didn’t have any online-only matches. ITV’s main tournaments have max two tables and half the matches aren’t watchable.

Postby McManusFan

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:i blame WST nobody else

It’s not WST’s fault that ITV Player is terrible.

Just look at their other events. BBC and Eurosport would be crucified if they didn’t have any online-only matches. ITV’s main tournaments have max two tables and half the matches aren’t watchable.

Yep ITV player is crap, and not just for sport.

The BBC get a lot of stick for their snooker coverage, but their online offerings are second to none.

Postby chengdufan

primitivesludge wrote:Mink concedes the third. Needed snookers but there was real estate on the table. Chen missed some stinkers there too. Awful match.

She seems to have dropped a level since turning pro.
Chen's one of the shittest players on tour, she'll need to improve quickly.

Postby chengdufan

I've been really enjoying watching Jain. He can't break build for toffee, but the way he forces chance after chance is brilliant.

Postby chengdufan

Are you going to enjoy a Wigan kebab while you're there?

Postby primitivesludge

chengdufan wrote:

I think I had one in the 30 years I lived there. Too much carb, trying to stay awake for at least three sessions here.

Mink indeed back at 3-2 down but seems only to have played well when I was out getting a coffee.

Jain v Xu is a grower.

Postby chengdufan

primitivesludge wrote:
chengdufan wrote:

I think I had one in the 30 years I lived there. Too much carb, trying to stay awake for at least three sessions here.

Mink indeed back at 3-2 down but seems only to have played well when I was out getting a coffee.

Jain v Xu is a grower.

My dad married into Wiganfolk after my parents split up and I spent my teenage years in Ashton-in-Makerfield. Played football for Garswood. Happy days!

Postby lhpirnie

chengdufan wrote:I've been really enjoying watching Jain. He can't break build for toffee, but the way he forces chance after chance is brilliant.

He's a good billiards player - perhaps the best on the snooker tour these days. So it's not a surprise that he's a 'battling' player rather than a fluent breakbuilder

Postby primitivesludge

chengdufan wrote:
primitivesludge wrote:
chengdufan wrote:[quot

chengdufan wrote:My dad married into Wiganfolk after my parents split up and I spent my teenage years in Ashton-in-Makerfield. Played football for Garswood. Happy days!

Oh you're practically royalty then. Played a cup final on Garswood's ground. Happy days indeed.

Jain is cracking me up here, he's very intense around the table, he really wants this one and doesn't care how long it takes.

Postby SteveJJ

chengdufan wrote:I've been really enjoying watching Jain. He can't break build for toffee, but the way he forces chance after chance is brilliant.

I thought the same in the q school final. He will win frames, if not matches, with his ringcraft but will struggle to win frames in one visit

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:There's no reason that ITV can't put this on the ITV Hub, or whatever their streaming service is called.

It's just so careless at this level.

Postby primitivesludge

Zhang whips through frame 2, Hendry nods in concession needing a lot of snookers. One way traffic.

Zhao Jianbo was looking nice in his opening break but lost rhythm. Page very enjoyable to watch.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:There's no reason that ITV can't put this on the ITV Hub, or whatever their streaming service is called.

There must be a reason. Ok, chances are it probably isn’t the best reason. It usually comes down to whether there’s enough profit in it.