Post a reply

BetVictor Championship League Stage 2 !!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 25th- Thursday 28th of July at Morningside Arena in Leicester

Well after 16 Days of endless matches we are at the Buisness End.

Over the Next 4 Days 32 is whittled down to 8 and then on Friday the 8 remaining players will contest for the Title and a top price of £33,000 Cash and Ranking Points and Basicly secure a place in both the Champion of Champions and World Grand Prix.

Who will Get to stage 3?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage 2 !!!!

Postby chengdufan

Reg Varney wrote:Did Rebecca Kenna not play in this? I saw Reanne, Ng and Mink but didn't see Rebecca's name in the results.

She was in the original draw, but last week got replaced by Florian Nuessle, with no comment or explanation.
Suspicious and controversial because Nuessle initially declined the opportunity to participate as a top up (presumably because he entered the World Games and the draw may have resulted in a clash. Replacing Kenna avoided the clash, but left others who didn't enter because of the schedule scratching their chins)

Postby Reg Varney

chengdufan wrote:
Reg Varney wrote:Did Rebecca Kenna not play in this? I saw Reanne, Ng and Mink but didn't see Rebecca's name in the results.

She was in the original draw, but last week got replaced by Florian Nuessle, with no comment or explanation.
Suspicious and controversial because Nuessle initially declined the opportunity to participate as a top up (presumably because he entered the World Games and the draw may have resulted in a clash. Replacing Kenna avoided the clash, but left others who didn't enter because of the schedule scratching their chins)

Thanks <ok>

Postby gninnur karona

chengdufan wrote:

I'm not convinced that is entirely accurate.

FWIW as far as I recall Rebecca Kenna was replaced by Andrew Higginson whilst Florian Nuessle took the position that ChampionshipLeagueSnooker originally held for TBC2.

Beyond that I have no idea what happened or why.

Postby gninnur karona

chengdufan wrote:

I'm not convinced that is entirely accurate.

FWIW as far as I recall Rebecca Kenna was replaced by Andrew Higginson whilst Florian Nuessle took the position that ChampionshipLeagueSnooker originally held for TBC2.

Beyond that I have no idea what happened or why.

Postby Wildey

It is coming to an end this week im a snooker fan i love to see snooker but couldn't really get in to this But its payed practice

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:It is coming to an end this week im a snooker fan i love to see snooker but couldn't really get in to this But its payed practice

Isn't that pretty much how everybody feels?

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:It is coming to an end this week im a snooker fan i love to see snooker but couldn't really get in to this But its payed practice

its 4 days longer than the World Championship far too long winded to be a spectacle

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

its 4 days longer than the World Championship far too long winded to be a spectacle

I mean, that's one thing wrong with it.

It wouldn't feel like a spectacle if it only lasted a week, to be fair.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:MJW still playing well. I hope he wins a big tournament this season. He deserves it the way hes been playing. So good to watch.

Agreed

Postby lhpirnie

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Well, the World Championship lasts 27 days but I know what you mean.

The purpose of the Championship Leagues were to provide as many days as possible, especially at a time when no other sport was on.

Postby The_Abbott

TheRocket wrote:MJW still playing well. I hope he wins a big tournament this season. He deserves it the way hes been playing. So good to watch.

They don't get bigger than the Championshit League <ok>

Postby lhpirnie

The_Abbott wrote:

They don't get bigger than the Championshit League <ok>

Well, it's a Champion of Champions place that's attractive to Mark Williams. He doesn't want to have to drive Lee Walker to Bolton!

Postby SnookerFan

LC wrote:Where’s mr magoo come from never seen him reffing anything, then suddenly he’s done almost everyday of this championship league

The Championship League is an exclusive tournament, that only lets in the very best.

You wouldn't see him sullying himself with other events.

Postby LDS

Some very encouraging signs for Michael White fans. It hasn't taken White long into the season to put his marker down, after just 2 matches in his second round group he's all but secured his place in the quarter finals (well, last 8).

He defeated Milkins 3-0 in just over 40 minutes.

Judging from his potting and positioning standard alone, I'd not be at all surprised to see him at the later stages of a few events this season.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
LC wrote:Where’s mr magoo come from never seen him reffing anything, then suddenly he’s done almost everyday of this championship league

The Championship League is an exclusive tournament, that only lets in the very best.

You wouldn't see him sullying himself with other events.

That is episode 71 of things you won't hear in snooker.

Postby Reg Varney

LDS wrote:Some very encouraging signs for Michael White fans. It hasn't taken White long into the season to put his marker down, after just 2 matches in his second round group he's all but secured his place in the quarter finals (well, last 8).

Judging from his potting and positioning standard alone, I'd not be at all surprised to see him at the later stages of a few events this season.

Even better news for everyone who chose him as their Wild Card for Think Pink :D

Postby SnookerEd25

LDS wrote:Some very encouraging signs for Michael White fans. It hasn't taken White long into the season to put his marker down, after just 2 matches in his second round group he's all but secured his place in the quarter finals (well, last 8).

I, for one, would be delighted to see this <ok>

Postby LDS

I didn't see it, but he only needed a draw against Guodong, but somehow managed to lose 3-1, allowing Goudong to sneak the group win with 7 points to White's 6.

Although Guodong isn't a surprise winner, it's quite the last minute unexpected steal. I suspect it's the grinding out the key scorelines where White's biggest flaw is, like most exciting, quick fluid potters.