Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage 1 !!!!

Postby Iranu

Reg Varney wrote:Thought he did okay bar the over usage of the word "perfect". It was every sentence and on occasion more than once a sentence when ROS was in among the balls. Invest in a thesaurus Holty!

Holty obviously works in metric

Postby LDS

Group 2 that streamed on Youtube looks like it might actually be a full pack of watchables today for once.

Graeme Dott
Lyu Haotian
Fraser Patrick
Haydon Pinhey

The winner could be either Dott or Haotian, depending on their today form and Pinhey is so rarely seen on tele that it will be interesting seeing if he can be a surprise package. Patrick makes for a good neutral's underdog.

Postby Wildey

If Stephen Maguire beats Matthew Stevens 3-0 hes the Group Winner However if Maguire wins 3-1 it will go on high break currently Si Jiahui has the high break in this Group so Mags could do with a 94 break

Postby Wildey

Wildey wrote:If Stephen Maguire beats Matthew Stevens 3-0 hes the Group Winner However if Maguire wins 3-1 it will go on high break currently Si Jiahui has the high break in this Group so Mags could do with a 94 break

Maguire Wins 3-0 and through both winners today through with 5 points a few has lost on 6 points Andy Hicks got 7 points and finished second in his group

Postby lhpirnie

Wildey wrote:
Wildey wrote:If Stephen Maguire beats Matthew Stevens 3-0 hes the Group Winner However if Maguire wins 3-1 it will go on high break currently Si Jiahui has the high break in this Group so Mags could do with a 94 break

Maguire Wins 3-0 and through both winners today through with 5 points a few has lost on 6 points Andy Hicks got 7 points and finished second in his group

The Maguire-Stevens match was a forgone conclusion. Why would Stevens want to stop his friend from qualifying when he had nothing to gain himself?

Postby SnookerFan

lhpirnie wrote:
Wildey wrote:

The Maguire-Stevens match was a forgone conclusion. Why would Stevens want to stop his friend from qualifying when he had nothing to gain himself?

Possibly. It wasn't somebody I'd heard before, and missed the intro at the beginning.

I had thought I'd detected a Scouse accent. Gary's from Newcastle though. I may, as I frequently am, have been wrong.

Postby chengdufan

And so begins day 4257 of the Championship League.
Only 251 players remain, with Steve Davis today set to learn who will be the second player to qualify for his group in the last 152.
Steve, who won group 17 in 1988, had this to say:
"Any of the four lads playing today have the chance to win."