Post a reply

Re: BetVictor German Masters Final !!!

Postby gninnur karona

Quirk of fate? Eight days ago Tom Ford knocked Allister Carter out of the ShootOut at the last 16 stage. At the outset of that round Jack Lisowski was the favourite to win the competition. Yesterday Jack Lisowski again couldn't live up to his favourite tag. Today Allister Carter avenged his ShootOut defeat catapulting himself into a Tour Championship place. Tom Ford has the welcome compensation of a guaranteed place in the Players.

Odd event in tonight's final frame if I'm not mistaken Allister Carter twice potted two reds from a single stroke. A rare double?

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:https://twitter.com/TSnooker102/status/1622333127069679619

Discuss.

Carter is greater. All of his 5 ranking titles are proper tournaments with multi session finals whereas 2 of Kyren ranking title wins came in the Paul Hunter Classic (bo7 tournament) and the CL. Carter also reached 2 World finals compared to Kyrens 1.

I would be surprised though if Kyren didnt end up as the greater player once both are retired.

Postby gninnur karona

TheRocket wrote:

Discuss.

Carter is greater. All of his 5 ranking titles are proper tournaments with multi session finals whereas 2 of Kyren ranking title wins came in the Paul Hunter Classic (bo7 tournament) and the CL. Carter also reached 2 World finals compared to Kyrens 1.

I would be surprised though if Kyren didnt end up as the greater player once both are retired.

Never forget that Allister Carter also has a Paul Hunter Classic on his title CV.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:

Discuss.

That was kind of my opinion, as well.

Postby SnookerEd25

The ‘greatest of all time’ list should, in my opinion, reflect those who have stood apart from the rest as those who have achieved the pinnacle of their sport, rather than just a list of everybody who has ever been a professional.

Neither Carter or Wilson are anywhere near a ‘Greatest of all time’ list for snooker and I’d be surprised if either were at the end of their careers, either.

Postby hendry_fan

Was out with The Missus yet again!. :shock: Thats 2 days/evenings in a row that i,ve spent time with ma Missus!. :dizzy: I need a 2 week break now from her!. <laugh>

Cause of her i only managed to see the last 2 frames!. >-( :-D

Tom served up chips n eggs and Ali did as well in the 2nd last frame,but Ali then brought it home by knockin in a delicious 63 break!,(it equaled my all time highest ever break btw!). :-)

Judging by the Scoreing,i take it that there must o been quite a lot o chipiness n egginess from Mr Ford! :-D .He only made three 50+ breaks and he got pretty spanked 10-3!.

Where as The Captain knocked in an impressive NINE 50+ers!. :clap:

Many congrats to Ali!,i,m not his greatest Fan,but credit to him!. :win: <ok>

This was his 5th ranking title and first since the 2016 World Open.It was his second win in the German Masters.

It was Fords 2nd ranking final.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Discuss.

That was kind of my opinion, as well.

Kyren has beaten better players in Finals than Carter Jamie Burnett and Joe Swail like Ford was in their First Finals

Postby SnookerEd25

Holden Chinaski wrote:Just realised Hendry_Fan alway uses the maximum amount (10) of emoticons he's allowed to post.

Economoticonning, it’s called <ok>

Postby Prop

SnookerEd25 wrote:The ‘greatest of all time’ list should, in my opinion, reflect those who have stood apart from the rest as those who have achieved the pinnacle of their sport, rather than just a list of everybody who has ever been a professional.

Neither Carter or Wilson are anywhere near a ‘Greatest of all time’ list for snooker and I’d be surprised if either were at the end of their careers, either.

Correct.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:The ‘greatest of all time’ list should, in my opinion, reflect those who have stood apart from the rest as those who have achieved the pinnacle of their sport, rather than just a list of everybody who has ever been a professional.

Yeah, I kind of agree.

But in context of the poll, you understand what it means.