Post a reply

turkish masters cancelled.

Postby csprince

Monday 23 Jan 2023 02:50PM
WST has taken the decision to cancel the 2023 Turkish Masters, following discussions with our partners in Turkey.

We have made every possible effort to keep this event on the calendar over the past nine months, since the inaugural Turkish Masters took place in March 2022. Unfortunately, attempts by the local promoter to guarantee adequate funding for the event have been unsuccessful. WST always seeks assurances over the viability of events for its players and unfortunately on this occasion, these assurances could not be provided in the timeframe necessary for this event to be delivered.

The event was due to take place from March 13-19 and we are now exploring all options for an alternative event to be staged between the end of the Six Red World Championship and the Duelbits Tour Championship.

Re: turkish masters cancelled.

Postby McManusFan

Blimey, that's crap news.

I wonder what sort of thing they can cobble together for that slot? A third championship league?

Postby Juddernaut88

Dammmn that sucks. I hope we have a replacement tournament for it which is a ranking event and not a crappy Championship league.

Postby chengdufan

An elite invitational event in China would do the trick. A mini China Open perhaps

Postby RunningSide

Doubt China would be up for anything until results of investigation are complete.

Postby Iranu

chengdufan wrote:An elite invitational event in China would do the trick. A mini China Open perhaps

China Ajar?

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:i'll miss the carpet.

Oh yeah.

The rank carpet.

it was a lovely carpet!

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Oh yeah.

The rank carpet.

it was a lovely carpet!

It looked like somebody had been sick on it.

Postby RunningSide

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Oh yeah.

The rank carpet.

it was a lovely carpet!

It was,and I know about carpets.

Postby RunningSide

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Oh yeah.

The rank carpet.

it was a lovely carpet!

Milkins in loo you're thinking of

Postby SnookerFan

RunningSide wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Oh yeah.

The rank carpet.

it was a lovely carpet!

Milkins in loo you're thinking of

I can assure you that I wasn't thinking about Milkins on the loo.

Postby Wildey

I Was expecting this last season i was Surprised the event went ahead to be honest

Postby eraserhead

Just looking through the calendar. Snooker seems to only have 3 sponsors Duelbits, Cazoo and betvictor. Barry Hearn did some things well but he's never managed to get anyone but betting firms interested in the game.

Postby Juddernaut88

Cloud Strife wrote:A shame for Judd. Another one of his favourite events cancelled.

It's a shame for Ronnie as well as if he doesn't have a good run in the Welsh Open he won't qualify for the Players championship and then the Turkish Masters would then have been his last chance of getting into the Tour championship.