Post a reply

Re: Hong Kong Masters Final !!!

Postby Juddernaut88

114 total clearance and Ronnie wins 6-4. Well done to Ronnie, that was some break and one of the best century breaks I've ever seen in terms of black and pink being out of commission and with the pressure on.

Postby Prop

RunningSide wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:SPANK HIM HARD, FU!

Hard to imagine Fu spanking anything Hard.

Not with that bloody gret watch on.

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:
RunningSide wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:SPANK HIM HARD, FU!

Hard to imagine Fu spanking anything Hard.

Not with that bloody gret watch on.

rofl

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:Good little tournament that. Glad it coincided with my week off.

Yep decent tournament. Next year (assuming we have another Hong Kong Masters) Eurosport need to work harder to ensure they show all the coverage on the main TV channels.

Postby Prop

Yeah I enjoyed it. Facilitated by my morning insomnia. Every cloud…

Postby mantorok

You knew Ronnie wanted to win this, biggest crowd on record, there’s no way he was going to let that go.

Postby Prop

Lip read him there:

“Best tournament ever. Best tournament I’ve ever played in”

Postby Cloud Strife

Must be getting close to Davis' career titles tally now. Doesn't mean a great deal in the grand scheme of things obviously, but would still be nice to claim another record.

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:I’ll tune in tomorrow morning for the conclusion of the presentation.

rofl

That always happens in these Asian events. I turned them off.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Juddernaut88 wrote:114 total clearance and Ronnie wins 6-4. Well done to Ronnie, that was some break and one of the best century breaks I've ever seen in terms of black and pink being out of commission and with the pressure on.

DECLINE!

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ronnie was so good to watache in this tournament. So smooth. You can't play snooker much better than that. You could tell he loved to play for that crowd. I remember there was an idiot on here who once said playing without a crowd favours Ronnie. <doh>

Postby Prop

Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie was so good to watache in this tournament. So smooth. You can't play snooker much better than that. You could tell he loved to play for that crowd. I remember there was an idiot on here who once said playing without a crowd favours Ronnie. <doh>

Did that person happen to scurry into the shadows around early May?

Postby Holden Chinaski

Prop wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie was so good to watache in this tournament. So smooth. You can't play snooker much better than that. You could tell he loved to play for that crowd. I remember there was an idiot on here who once said playing without a crowd favours Ronnie. <doh>

Did that person happen to scurry into the shadows around early May?

Don't remember who it was but sounds like something that idiot would say.

Postby TheRocket

To confirm what Holden said. ROS won a title in 29 of his 30 seasons. The only season he didnt win a tournament was in 2020/2021 when there was no crowd. Anyone who genuinely believed the no crowd situation was in his favour has been wrong big time.

When Robbo beat him 10:4 at the Tour Champs final in 2021 in an empty arena (he played great in that match btw) he immediately said that playing ROS in front of a big crowd is a very different match.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:To confirm what Holden said. ROS won a title in 29 of his 30 seasons. The only season he didnt win a tournament was in 2020/2021 when there was no crowd. Anyone who genuinely believed the no crowd situation was in his favour has been wrong big time.

When Robbo beat him 10:4 at the Tour Champs final in 2021 in an empty arena (he played great in that match btw) he immediately said that playing ROS in front of a big crowd is a very different match.

The crowd spurs Ronnie on. Of course he also won the 2020 world title, but the crowd situation always favours him.

You could see how much he wanted to win this one. Even in 2017 when back then it was a record for a venue, he wanted to win badly but fell short against Robbo. It was fitting he beat Robbo this year on his way to the title, and win or lose there was no way he wasn't going to give it everything. He compared this to the ATP Finals at the O2 Arena.

Not sure how many professional titles Ronnie has won, but surely he isn't far off Steve Davis record now.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:To confirm what Holden said. ROS won a title in 29 of his 30 seasons. The only season he didnt win a tournament was in 2020/2021 when there was no crowd. Anyone who genuinely believed the no crowd situation was in his favour has been wrong big time.

The crowd spurs Ronnie on. Of course he also won the 2020 world title, but the crowd situation always favours him.

You could see how much he wanted to win this one. Even in 2017 when back then it was a record for a venue, he wanted to win badly but fell short against Robbo. It was fitting he beat Robbo this year on his way to the title, and win or lose there was no way he wasn't going to give it everything. He compared this to the ATP Finals at the O2 Arena.

Not sure how many professional titles Ronnie has won, but surely he isn't far off Steve Davis record now.

Davis 81, ROS 74 according to cuetracker. Wikipedia however says Davis has 84. No clue whats right.
Ronnie will probably need a pretty good season at some stage where he wins 4 or 5 tournaments maybe to have a good chance of breaking that record.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Davis 81, ROS 74 according to cuetracker. Wikipedia however says Davis has 84. No clue whats right.
Ronnie will probably need a pretty good season at some stage where he wins 4 or 5 tournaments maybe to have a good chance of breaking that record.

Yes. In the end, it doesn't matter really, all the important records Ronnie has already broken or tied at least.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote:Masking Kids is Child Abuse

:spot on: :hatoff:
Completely agree.

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Wildey wrote:Masking Kids is Child Abuse

<doh>

Wildey is right, so stop whining.