Post a reply

Re: New Ranking Tournament in China in 2023-24

Postby Dan-cat

lhpirnie wrote:The CBSA weibo page have posted information about a new ranking tournament in Wuhan, due to be held in October 2023.

They claim "Ding Junhui, Judd Trump and Ronnie O'Sullivan are expected to play!".

I expect WST to be confirming this, probably today in their press launch at the Crucible.

https://weibo.com/5718804188

That means the appearance fees have been negotiated :)

Good news.

Postby lhpirnie

The_Abbott wrote:Wonder if this is another invitational event. Interesting.

They are claiming 'ranking tournament', and calling it 'Wuhan Open', which would suggest a 128-player field. Knowing WST, however, they will probably have a couple of qualifying rounds in Milton Keynes which they won't tell us about until closer to the time.

Postby The_Abbott

lhpirnie wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:Wonder if this is another invitational event. Interesting.

They are claiming 'ranking tournament', and calling it 'Wuhan Open', which would suggest a 128-player field. Knowing WST, however, they will probably have a couple of qualifying rounds in Milton Keynes which they won't tell us about until closer to the time.

Thats probably fair on lower ranked players because they will probably lose in round 1 and rather than have to pay for a flight home they can catch a Bus home from Jim Bowen...or Milton Keynes

Postby snoopy2608

now confirmed on 2023-24 calendar along with international open return and Shanghai masters invitational...I'm assuming from the fact its 10 ranking tournaments pre-Christmas and 6 post Christmas that they're still hoping that China Open might happen

Postby The_Abbott

snoopy2608 wrote:link to calendar here

https://wst.tv/wp-content/uploads/2023/ ... lendar.pdf

early Shootout this year. Its in December

No much going on in March which was a complaint from this year and they made that WST Classic so may have to do this again by the looks of things.

If you are in the latter stages of English Open and qualified for Wuhan you have 1 night to fly there!!

Postby The_Abbott

lhpirnie wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I wonder if tickets will be available for the UK Qualifiers in
Leicester?

I guess they will make an announcement 1 week before the event starts, like they usually do.

1 week after the event has finished more like. Its WST after all.