Session 4 Monday 2nd of May @ 7pm

Judd Trump v Ronnie O'Sullivan

Click for Head to Heads

Overall Trump leads 15-14
Main Tournaments Trump leads 11-10
World Championship O'Sullivan leads 1-0
Multi Session Matches Trump leads 6-5
Finals Trump leads 8-3

32 Year Old Judd Trump v 46 year Old Ronnie O'Sullivan a Generation Gap Match between two Box Office players The Question is simple

WHO WINS?

Re: Betfred World Championship Final :- Trump v O'Sullivan

Postby Granite

Would like to see history being made in the final with #7, it'd be a shock to the snooker system and sport in general.

Judd has far more years left to win another WC compared to O'Sullivan. If O'Sullivan's safety remains the same I don't see how he'd lose the match, he's scoring much better and overall the better scorer.

Postby mantorok

I’m conflicted, I’m a fan of both players, I want Ronnie to reach that milestone but also want Judd to start realising his potential.

I guess that’s going to make watching the final more pleasant anyway.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Granite wrote:Would like to see history being made in the final with #7, it'd be a shock to the snooker system and sport in general.

Judd has far more years left to win another WC compared to O'Sullivan. If O'Sullivan's safety remains the same I don't see how he'd lose the match, he's scoring much better and overall the better scorer.

same i thought when he played Fan and Brown in finals

Postby Cloud Strife

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Judd is the slight favourite IMO.

would be strange if it wasnt

All the betting companies have Ronnie as the favourite, which is slightly surprising. This is Judd’s era, after all.

I do think Ronnie will need to be tighter in all aspects of his game, especially safety. As good as Ronnie was, Higgins had plenty of chances, but just couldn't score. Judd won't pass up a lot of those opportunities that Higgins did.

Postby TheRocket

Cloud Strife wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Judd is the slight favourite IMO.

would be strange if it wasnt

All the betting companies have Ronnie as the favourite, which is slightly surprising. This is Judd’s era, after all.

I do think Ronnie will need to be tighter in all aspects of his game, especially safety. As good as Ronnie was, Higgins had plenty of chances, but just couldn't score. Judd won't pass up a lot of those opportunities that Higgins did.

yes I agree with this. As well as Ronnie scored Higgins got in first in a lot of these frames but just couldnt score. One thing I'd also like to add is that Ronnie cant afford to have these slow starts which he tends to do in all sessions. Otherwise Trump could start the match with a big lead already like he did against Williams and then its a catch up game.

Postby Juddernaut88

Judd needs to improve his safety. It was good for most of the tournament but it was a bit poor today and yesterday evening. Every time he kept leaving the cueball short and he left Mark so many long pots. Can't afford to do that against Ronnie.

Postby Pink Ball

I think this will be a great match. They remain the two most enjoyable players to watch by a distance.

O'Sullivan has a decent shot at a seventh world title, and I expect him to start the better of the two, but Trump will settle in at some point and will start taking the majority of frames from that point. Will it be enough? I think it will, but it could be tight.

Trump to win a top-class final.

Postby mantorok

Both have been the players of the tournament and I don’t think they are going to disappoint.

Ronnie has been consistently good throughout but Judd has played himself into exemplary form.

It’s a coin toss imo

Postby Cloud Strife

Judd needs to treat this just like any other final. If he can block from his mind that this is the World Championship final he is in and somehow visualise himself playing for the Gibraltar or Turkish Masters trophy instead, he is guaranteed to win.

Postby Andre147

Match of a lifetime, a match the fans of the great Ronnie O'Sullivan have been waiting for, the match that can put to bed any GOAT debates.

Can he equal Hendry on 7 world titles? Or will Judd Trump beat another member of the Class of 92 to win his 2nd world title?

It's probably a Final most fans would want between two of the most exciting players ever to pick up a cue.

Postby vodkadiet1

Andre147 wrote:Match of a lifetime, a match the fans of the great Ronnie O'Sullivan have been waiting for, the match that can put to bed any GOAT debates.

Can he equal Hendry on 7 world titles? Or will Judd Trump beat another member of the Class of 92 to win his 2nd world title?

It's probably a Final most fans would want between two of the most exciting players ever to pick up a cue.

All time hasn't happened yet!

Postby Johnny Bravo

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Match of a lifetime, a match the fans of the great Ronnie O'Sullivan have been waiting for, the match that can put to bed any GOAT debates.

If Ronnie wins, will you have him as the GOAT ?!
Or not ?

Postby vodkadiet1

Johnny Bravo wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:

Or not ?

Certainly, for now.

All time has yet to happen.

But his record will be superior to Hendry.

No doubt he will be gunning for number 8 nonetheless. He may well get it next year.

It will be difficult for any other player to win more than 7. Certainly none of the current players. And probably not in my lifetime.

Postby Satch4

a little bit of "old king vs new king" + ronnie might get his record equaling 7th. Much better storyline like this than if higgins won. Ronnie has been playing better i think he's favourite. Having said that, gwan Judd!
Last edited by Satch4 on 01 May 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Satch4

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:

Or not ?

Certainly, for now.

All time has yet to happen.

But his record will be superior to Hendry.

No doubt he will be gunning for number 8 nonetheless. He may well get it next year.

It will be difficult for any other player to win more than 7. Certainly none of the current players. And probably not in my lifetime.

peter ebdon comes out of retirement and ends another attempt at 8 titles this time not just using his mental toughness but high vibrational crystals as well