Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sat April 30th) Semi-Finals!

Postby Georgi1914

Re: Betfred World Championship Final K.Wilson v R.O'Sullivan
16 Aug 2020

How about Ronnie beating an in form Trump in a final match for the 7th!? An in form Trump would be the ultimate challenge for Ronnie, now that he finally put Selby in his place. It would be the next epic chapter of the story of the great man. I know Ronnie has what is needed in him to figure out Trump's last year version if such an encounter happens in the coming years. Trump has a major problem with consistency and it is still unknown whether he is capable to fix that in the future. My opinion is that these consistency problems can't be resolved drastically and will hurt his legacy eventually. It must be said, however, that in the instances when he delivers his best snooker, it is something very special to watch. And that is exactly what I want the Rocket to accomplish - to win a world title beating an in form Trump, preferably in a final

The reposting function didn't work and I just copied my post from the 2020 WC final thread. I guess my wish for the 2 of them to meet in a world final came true! :) I have expressed this opinion of mine several times on this forum - The Rocket beating Trump in the Crucible final would be beyond epic. Come on Ronnie!