Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Thurs April 28th) Semi-Final

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Higgins will be happy. Couldnt string one big break together and its only 4-4. He can only get better and that worrying

Ronnie by far the better player and should have led 5-3 or even 6-2 if he had taken his chances

You said Ronnie couldn't win a frame against Higgins.

How do you explain the fact that it is 4-4?

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:The Ronnie O'Sullivan of the 2001 World final would have won this session 8:0. I suppose I cant complain though given the circumstances and that he makes a huge deal playing Higgins.

A Lot of battle scars since then

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Iranu wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Higgins will be happy. Couldnt string one big break together and its only 4-4. He can only get better and that worrying

Ronnie by far the better player and should have led 5-3 or even 6-2 if he had taken his chances

Oh, come on.

Ronnie is 4-4 from 0-3! He’ll definitely be happier!

87 % pot success compared to Ronnie 95 %. I think Higgins fully knows he played rubbish and has a result.

Postby LC

Pink Ball wrote:O'Sullivan will win this match fairly comfortably. Higgins needed a 6-2 lead after the opening session to have a realistic chance.

Your often right with your analysis and know your onions in a snooker sense, but can’t see him winning comfortably, I expect Higgins to pip him in a close run thing

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:The Ronnie O'Sullivan of the 2001 World final would have won this session 8:0. I suppose I cant complain though given the circumstances and that he makes a huge deal playing Higgins.

He had battle scars back then as well. They played a lot of matches at that stage and Higgins had destroyed him in the 1998 semis. Didnt stop Ronnie from beating a very strong Higgins in the 2001 final to win his first World title with all the pressure that was on him. Reason is he didnt give a rubbish back then that he was playing Higgins.

But it is what it is, I accepted it.

Postby Iranu

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Oh, come on.

Ronnie is 4-4 from 0-3! He’ll definitely be happier!

87 % pot success compared to Ronnie 95 %. I think Higgins fully knows he played rubbish and has a result.

0-3.

Came out 4-4.

If it was the other way round you’d still say Higgins was happier.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:
Wildey wrote:

He had battle scars back then as well. They played a lot of matches at that stage and Higgins had destroyed him in the 1998 semis. Didnt stop Ronnie from beating a very strong Higgins in the 2001 final to win his first World title with all the pressure that was on him. Reason is he didnt give a rubbish back then that he was playing Higgins.

But it is what it is, I accepted it.

Let’s try to be positive tomorrow/Saturday <ok>

Many of us wouldn’t have expected that response from Ronnie today. Especially the way he played.

It’s good signs!

Postby bluelagoon

Let's see which interesting new snooker words you invented throughout semifinal day one:

160tpm
2050s
20sec
5ht2a
99969s21
ahain
antihearn
badtemperedcyril
bbc4
blandings
bringbacktonydrago
buttom
ck147
crosseyes
cruisecontrol
cupotee
curiositym
dammmn
dazz
dotjoining
expertcommentary
federerrosmessi
fuckwits
gcses
georgi1914
greatgreatgrandchildren
hagis
hahhahaha
happycamper
hggins
hinself
hofnar
hustleking
juddernaut88
juddnation
lfts
looooooooooooool
loooooooooooooooool
manty
mcmanusfan
mdgs
mowe
myaelf
negheads
nz8vaotxi1
onhigh
osulllivan
osullvan
proobably
quotemasterdoctorgeniusdont
rjfindlay
rochers
rubberband
shithousery
shkt
snookertipstero
theor
tiggles
trumpwinslol
tumpie
unnotice
vedda
virgp
vodkadiet1
vuck
woukd
yanfan
zhaoroslucamjwding
zonnestraal

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:

You said Ronnie couldn't win a frame against Higgins.

How do you explain the fact that it is 4-4?

:goodpost:

Postby Pink Ball

LC wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:O'Sullivan will win this match fairly comfortably. Higgins needed a 6-2 lead after the opening session to have a realistic chance.

Your often right with your analysis and know your onions in a snooker sense, but can’t see him winning comfortably, I expect Higgins to pip him in a close run thing

Fairly comfortably. Somewhere between 17-11 and 17-14, I think.

Postby Satch4

Holden Chinaski wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Had to do a double take there. It looks like there's a pair of Tibetan monks in the second row level with the black spot to the right as we look.
On closer inspection though, it's just their clothes being the same colour as the standard robes. And what I thought was a bead necklace appears to be earphones.

I've heard the Dalai Lama is waiting in the Eurosport studio to do a segment with Jimmy.

He's going to explain to Jimmy that his failure in WC finals has more to do with his past life karma than anything

Postby Cloud Strife

Decent comeback from Ronnie. It was looking like the same old, miserable, story at 0-3.

Hopefully, that session will have allowed Ronnie to rid himself of his usual diarrhoea and sexual frustration that he experiences against Higgins. Needs to kick on now.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Satch4 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Had to do a double take there. It looks like there's a pair of Tibetan monks in the second row level with the black spot to the right as we look.
On closer inspection though, it's just their clothes being the same colour as the standard robes. And what I thought was a bead necklace appears to be earphones.

I've heard the Dalai Lama is waiting in the Eurosport studio to do a segment with Jimmy.

He's going to explain to Jimmy that his failure in WC finals has more to do with his past life karma than anything

rofl

Postby Holden Chinaski

Satch4 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

rofl