Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16!!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Saturday 16th of April~Monday 2nd of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

It's the final day of the Last 16 round, and with no morning play, first up at 1pm John Higgins requires just two more frames to book a quarter-final place, whilst Kyren Wilson v Stuart Bingham are locked at 8 frames apiece, it promisses to be a tense finish.

In the evening, Judd Trump has a nice 10-6 lead over Anthony McGill, and Jack Lisowski leads 9-7 against the player he faced in this round last year, Neil Robertson.

Who shall book their place in the Quarter-Finals?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Monday 25th of April

1pm

**Kyren Wilson 8-8 Stuart Bingham Wilson leads 11-6
**Noppon Saengkham 5-11 John Higgins Tied at 4-4

7pm

**Anthony McGill 6-10 Judd Trump Trump leads 8-1
**Neil Robertson 7-9 Jack Lisowski Robertson leads 10-1

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16!!

Postby LDS

Alex0paul wrote:Bingham absolutely screwed it from 8-5 looking like 9-5. Only one winner now sadly

mick745 wrote:Predicting wins for Robertson and Wilson in the two close games.

If Wilson does become wc this year he'd have had heck of a draw.

Alex is predicting Kyren will win because he hates him, whereas I'm predicting he'll lose because I enjoy watching him play. Fans eh.

From my PoV, Kyren was beaten in the first round and only won because Ding lost it rather than Kyren won it. Meanwhile, against Bingham, again, he's pretty much losing except when Bingham loses it.

Still a long way to go but It'd be great for my viewing if Wilson would get his frame winning breaks before Bingham has surged 3 frames ahead all the time ;-)

Postby Juddernaut88

Come on, Judd and dreamboat.
Higgins has basically won but it would be nice if Noppon can at least win another 3 frames. Bingham and Kyren can go either way. I'm not really too fussed who wins that match. Whoever wins that won't be an easy match for Judd (assuming he can get the job done tonight)

Postby Prop

Juddernaut88 wrote:Come on, Judd and dreamboat.
Higgins has basically won but it would be nice if Noppon can at least win another 3 frames. Bingham and Kyren can go either way. I'm not really too fussed who wins that match. Whoever wins that won't be an easy match for Judd (assuming he can get the job done tonight)

Hendry thinks 10-6 is more of a false lead than 9-7 :chin:

Postby mick745

Surely Judd wont lose 7 of the last 9 frames?

Postby Andre147

mick745 wrote:

Surely Judd wont lose 7 of the last 9 frames?

McGill almost did last year.

But key word, almost.

Postby mantorok

Prop wrote:

I noticed he mentioned that, and he's right, psychologically you can get ahead of yourself where-as if you're only a couple ahead you will be more focused for the final session. Of course Judd is experienced enough to get the job done though, it may affect other players more.

Postby Prop

mantorok wrote:
Prop wrote:

I noticed he mentioned that, and he's right, psychologically you can get ahead of yourself where-as if you're only a couple ahead you will be more focused for the final session. Of course Judd is experienced enough to get the job done though, it may affect other players more.

Yep. Suppose it depends on the player. A prime Hendry/Ron/Davis/Higgins would probably become even more ruthless at that point and tighten their grip. But to players not quite in that bracket (in terms of WC prowess, at least) it could potentially slip them up, thinking it’s in the bag. I’d probably put Judd closer to that first group psychologically right now. He’s been around the block enough.

Postby Andre147

We all know what happened with Gould when he was 11-5 up against Robbo.

Jack collapsing from 10-6 wouldn't be much of a surprise.

I think should Jack lose, it will be in a decider. If he wins, then I bet 13-11.

Postby mick745

Prop wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Prop wrote:

Yep. Suppose it depends on the player. A prime Hendry/Ron/Davis/Higgins would probably become even more ruthless at that point and tighten their grip. But to players not quite in that bracket (in terms of WC prowess, at least) it could potentially slip them up, thinking it’s in the bag. I’d probably put Judd closer to that first group psychologically right now. He’s been around the block enough.

I think it may have been an element in Hunter's defeat v Doherty in the 2003 sf. Not suprisingly Hunter's manager was taking calls all that morning from people who wanted tickets for the final as Hunter seemingly had an impregnable lead. He also had a night to wonder what if...

Doherty got wind of this as well i think and thought to himself, "well he's not in the final yet, let's see how it goes".

I think a similar thing happened to Gould at 11-5 up v Robbo in 2010. He just lost his nerve.

Postby Prop

mick745 wrote:
Prop wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Prop wrote:

I think it may have been an element in Hunter's defeat v Doherty in the 2003 sf. Not suprisingly Hunter's manager was taking calls all that morning from people who wanted tickets for the final as Hunter seemingly had an impregnable lead. He also had a night to wonder what if...

Doherty got wind of this as well i think and thought to himself, "well he's not in the final yet, let's see how it goes".

I think a similar thing happened to Gould at 11-5 up v Robbo in 2010. He just lost his nerve.

It’s the contrast of emotion. Even if a player consciously avoids those dangerous patterns of thought, but then within a few frames the feeling is completely reversed. Like “How the hell did I get here”. Turning the emotions on their head, the contrast between the two states of mind, is easily enough to send a player into ‘Shredsville’!

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:We all know what happened with Gould when he was 11-5 up against Robbo.

I think should Jack lose, it will be in a decider. If he wins, then I bet 13-11.

I really hope Jack surprises me, but I can't see past a Robbo win right now. Of course a lot of this depends how he handles the pressure of being the tournament favourite and being behind a player who is in good form.

Postby Juddernaut88

mantorok wrote:
Andre147 wrote:We all know what happened with Gould when he was 11-5 up against Robbo.

I really hope Jack surprises me, but I can't see past a Robbo win right now. Of course a lot of this depends how he handles the pressure of being the tournament favourite and being behind a player who is in good form.

Let's hope Jack can hold his nerve for a famous win.

Postby Yanfan

I was joking with a guy who goes in my snooker club about how I really want Jack to beat Robbo, but I had picked Robbo to beat Jack 13-8 in a prediction contest I entered.

He said that I had 'cognitive dissonance'. <laugh>

And then he potted the last red, a blue, and all the colours to beat me on the black. I now owe him a lobster. <doh>

Postby hendry_fan

Yanfan wrote:I was joking with a guy who goes in my snooker club about how I really want Jack to beat Robbo, but I had picked Robbo to beat Jack 13-8 in a prediction contest I entered.

He said that I had 'cognitive dissonance'. <laugh>

And then he potted the last red, a blue, and all the colours to beat me on the black. I now owe him a lobster. <doh>

Good afternoon YF!. :-)

" I now owe him a lobster". :dizzy:

Buckin Ell,i,ve never ever even thought about bettin a Lobster!. :roll: :-D

I,ll stick with bettin B n T pies.Mind you,for a wee change i might bet a macaroni pie,sum macaroni pies. <laugh>

As far as drinks are concerned.I,m still tryin to decide if i should open up the bottle o :wine: i have,or if i should open up a can of bubble gum juice very shortly. :chin: :-D