Topic locked

Betfred World Championship (Tuesday April 19th) Last 32!!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Saturday 16th of April~Monday 2nd of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Former Masters champion Yan Bingtao begins his Crucible campaign against Chris Wakelin, whlist tournament favourite Neil Robertson holds a 6-3 lead after a shaky start from 3-1 down.

Stuart Bingham scored more than 400 points without reply in his 6-3 lead over Lyu Haotian, and 4 time Crucible King John Higgins begins his Crucible quest against a player he defeated here in 2018, Thepchaiya Un-Nooh.

Bingtao and Wakelin finish their match in the evening, and to round things off 2 times a finalist Matthew Stevens hopes for more good results here, he faces Jack Lisowski in this opening round.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Tuesday 19th of April

10am

Yan Bingtao v Chris Wakelin Tied at 1-1
**Neil Robertson 6-3 Ashley Hugill Hugill leads 1-0

2.30pm

**Stuart Bingham 6-3 Lyu Haotian Never Played Before
John Higgins v Thepchaiyia Un-Nooh Higgins leads 5-2

7pm

**Yan Bingtao v Chris Wakelin Tied at 1-1
Jack Lisowski v Matthew Stevens Lisowski leads 2-1

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tuesday April 19th) Last 32!

Postby Yanfan

Juddernaut88 wrote:I probably should get behind Chris as he lives in the West Midlands but I wouldn't fancy him against Selby in a 3 session match. Yan however I think would be more than capable of beating Selby if he is on form.

Yes. Yan has been a bit of a mixed bag lately, hasn't he?

Lovely to watch when he's on form and flowing. But a bit of a 'dull plodder' when he's not. :chin:

Postby Yanfan

Can't believe that this wasn't my first post of the day.

My highest break is now 86. Made against my Brazillian jiu-jitsu instructor at about 10.45 pm last night.

He might be able to consistently Mata Leão me on the mat, but he can't beat me at snooker. :-D

And he wont be able to do that for much longer, because I am getting better at Brazillian jiu-jitsu and he is getting older. <laugh>
Last edited by Yanfan on 19 Apr 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Yanfan wrote:Can't believe that this wasn't my first post of the day.

My highest break is now 86. Made against my Brazillian jiu-jitsu instructor at about 10.45 pm last night.

He might be able to consistently Mata Leão me on the mat, but he can't beat me at snooker. :-D

And he wont be able to do that for much longer, because I am getting better at Brazillian jiu-jitsu and he is getting older. <laugh>

Postby Yanfan

Holden Chinaski wrote:

Hey, my online stalker is back again. rofl

Hello, stalker. :wave:

Postby Juddernaut88

You'd definitely give Johnny Bravo a good game <ok>

Postby Holden Chinaski

Juddernaut88 wrote:

You'd definitely give Johnny Bravo a good game <ok>

rofl

Postby Yanfan

I'm surprised at the responses to my post about my highest break.

Is having a highest break of 86 such a big deal?

There are people who play in our local leagues who knock in hundred breaks all the time. And they are not even County Championship level, let alone 'top amateur' level.

There are 12 and 13 year olds knocking in hundred breaks all over the country.

At 17 years old I have a top break of 86. You would think I wrote I made ten maximums back to back. <laugh>

Postby chengdufan

Yanfan, congrats on the 80+. Can't be long before you make your first century!
Have you seen the videos AcesInc has posted of his breaks? We'd love to see some footage of you playing. Get your playing partner to video it on their phone and upload it to youtube <ok>