Post a reply

Re: Vafaei

Postby vodkadiet1

Pink Ball wrote:Could be a long 17 days for you fella, I'd pace myself if I were you

Bedtime at the comclusion of each evening session and lemon and hot water every morning at 7am!

Postby SnookerFan

I'm not saying that he should retire. But Ronnie is a knobhead, to be fair.

Postby vodkadiet1

SnookerFan wrote:I'm not saying that he should retire. But Ronnie is a knobhead, to be fair.

At least he isn't a Tory!

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:I'm not saying that he should retire. But Ronnie is a knobhead, to be fair.

Careful the Ronnie fans will have a meltdown now.

Postby gallantrabbit

I just love this from Hossein. I am a new fan!! He is O'sullivan's friend and is calling him out!! Like so many others should do. Most players and commentators just fawn all over Ronnie, even praising him for trying, Hendry included!! So great to see you say this Hossein, good luck at the Crucible son!!

Postby mick745

Its an enigma isnt it, the most 'popular' people in sport often act the most obnoxious.

Ronnie hasnt really been a great smbassador for the sport, threatening to retire, form a breakaway tour, disrespecting opponents, etc.

Yet despite all the bad behaviour people 'forgive' as he is the number 1 draw in the game, nobody plays the game like he did.

A bit like Alex Higgins i suppose, an absolutely unpleasant and despicable individual yet the punters loved him, branding him "The People's Champion". The number 1 draw.

How many people though would liked to have had a drink with Higgins?

Postby gallantrabbit

Vafaei has actually repeated so many things I've said over the years, I love it!! Respect his genius on the table, but that doesn't mean we have to lap up the drivel he comes out with off the table.
Of course they'll now be draw against each other as will Clarke and Mcgill :happy:

Postby chengdufan

Well impressed with Vafaei. What a legend!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Bazza is fixing the draw as we speak.

Even in retirement?

Postby Iranu

I think Vafaei makes a lot of good points.

But Ronnie retiring isn’t exactly going to help the game either is it, considering his playing is the one thing that consistently does help snooker.

Postby lhpirnie

Hossein Vafaei was a little upset by Ronnie O'Sullivan's failure to enter the Turkish Masters, because of a disagreement about Ronnie's extra 'appearance fee'. Ronnie lost quite a few fans over that, those who were unaware about Ronnie's usual 'requirements'.

But, just as we shouldn't take too seriously interview comments from Ronnie, we shouldn't take too seriously comments from Hossein. The fact is, there's a whole industry of reporters wanting to exaggerate their story, and trying to provoke their interviewees to say things against other players.

Postby Prop

lhpirnie wrote:Hossein Vafaei was a little upset by Ronnie O'Sullivan's failure to enter the Turkish Masters, because of a disagreement about Ronnie's extra 'appearance fee'. Ronnie lost quite a few fans over that, those who were unaware about Ronnie's usual 'requirements'.

But, just as we shouldn't take too seriously interview comments from Ronnie, we shouldn't take too seriously comments from Hossein. The fact is, there's a whole industry of reporters wanting to exaggerate their story, and trying to provoke their interviewees to say things against other players.

Well said.

Postby Cloud Strife

Some very ill-informed comments from Hussein here. Disappointing, especially as he's supposed to be a pal of Ronnie’s.

With friends like these who needs enemies?

Postby vodkadiet1

O'Sullivan will respect Vafaei for his honesty. He will respect Vafaei a lot more than those players who seem to fornicate over him.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:Some very ill-informed comments from Hussein here. Disappointing, especially as he's supposed to be a pal of Ronnie’s.

Let's be honest, he said what a lot of players has privately but had the Guts to say it out loud.

It's an opinion, since when has that been a Bad thing a pal is someone that's honest not a bottom licker.

I Don't agree with everything he said far from it but putting down young players without thinking was stupid one of those suppose Numpty is European Masters Champion.

But Ronnie the player is a asset Ronnie when he speaks is a Numpty sometime.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Some very ill-informed comments from Hussein here. Disappointing, especially as he's supposed to be a pal of Ronnie’s.

Let's be honest, he said what a lot of players has privately but had the Guts to say it out loud.

It's an opinion, since when has that been a Bad thing a pal is someone that's honest not a bottom licker.

I Don't agree with everything he said far from it but putting down young players without thinking was stupid one of those suppose Numpty is European Masters Champion.

What an absolute load of bullocks.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

bottom licking idiot

Postby Yanfan

I love watching Ronnie O'Sullivan play. But I have already given up listening to what he says. And I have only been watching snooker for less than three years. :chuckle:

Postby Reg Varney

Yanfan wrote:I love watching Ronnie O'Sullivan play. But I have already given up listening to what he says. And I have only been watching snooker for less than three years. :chuckle:

Shame, you miss some really good stuff from him (admittedly in amongst some of the nonsense he can also spill).

Postby boris_the_butcher

unless something has been lost in translation or he's been stitched up, this is a strange way to talk about a 'friend'.

Postby gninnur karona

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

26th February 2022 Ronnie O'Sullivan talking after his European Masters SF win over Liang Wenbo

"I would have been really happy to see Liang win because I know how much he puts into the game. I know how much he loves the game. I am very close to him and I want to see him do well and have the best life he can possibly have. If winning tournaments makes him happy then that makes me happy. He makes me laugh, he’s a great character for the game. He’s got a clean heart and a beautiful soul."

Postby Cloud Strife

gninnur karona wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

26th February 2022 Ronnie O'Sullivan talking after his European Masters SF win over Liang Wenbo

"I would have been really happy to see Liang win because I know how much he puts into the game. I know how much he loves the game. I am very close to him and I want to see him do well and have the best life he can possibly have. If winning tournaments makes him happy then that makes me happy. He makes me laugh, he’s a great character for the game. He’s got a clean heart and a beautiful soul."

What's your point?

Postby lhpirnie

It's worth mentioning that apart from the Turkish Masters thing, Hossein Vafaei also beat Ronnie O'Sullivan 5-0 in the German Masters. Hossein was 4-0 up at the interval, playing brilliantly. But then Ronnie came out and smashed the reds off the break. I'm sure Hossein was delighted to win the match, but would have been disappointed at the way Ronnie 'gave it to him'. The headlines were all about Ronnie. It took the gloss off one of his best results.

Postby Juddernaut88

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

bottom licking idiot

:goodpost:

Postby SnookerEd25

I think Hossein should be horsewhipped in the CueZone for such heresy. :grrr:

Should certainly be thrown out of the tournament
:wild: :wild: :wild:

:shc: