Post a reply

Re: The Crucible Countdown !!!!

Postby SnookerEd25

badtemperedcyril wrote:
Iranu wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:Foulds said in commentary a few days ago that he hoped the excellent Welsh referee, John Pellew would be chosen this year, but alas, it’s the usual faces.

Leo Scullion must have some dodgy photos of Jason Ferguson or something.

I also don’t think Rob Spencer’s a particularly good referee compared to other, less-used refs.

Jan himself isn’t very good these days IMO. Made some poor decisions in the past 2 or 3 WC’s. Remember ROS v MJW free ball at a crucial moment. He basically gave into Ronnie. A ref should have some conviction and stand by his decisions.

I like to see a ref on occasions NOT award a miss but there’s very few with the balls to do it, no matter how difficult the snooker.

:goodpost:

Postby Wildey

badtemperedcyril wrote:Foulds said in commentary a few days ago that he hoped the excellent Welsh referee, John Pellew would be chosen this year, but alas, it’s the usual faces.

Tatiana Replaces Colin Humphries.

2018 Greg Cognilio and Terry Camilleri was there-

Greg not been seen since COVID

Postby SnookerFan

badtemperedcyril wrote:
Iranu wrote:

I also don’t think Rob Spencer’s a particularly good referee compared to other, less-used refs.

Jan himself isn’t very good these days IMO. Made some poor decisions in the past 2 or 3 WC’s. Remember ROS v MJW free ball at a crucial moment. He basically gave into Ronnie. A ref should have some conviction and stand by his decisions.

I like to see a ref on occasions NOT award a miss but there’s very few with the balls to do it, no matter how difficult the snooker.

Now you mention it, during Carter and Stevens, he made a couple of mistakes.

He respotted the blue at one point, after Stevens potted it, after the reds had already been potted. Some guy shouted; "Pot it agsin."

Later in the match, he forgot to get one of the colours, the yellow I think, out of the pocket when potted.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Now you mention it, during Carter and Stevens, he made a couple of mistakes.

He respotted the blue at one point, after Stevens potted it, after the reds had already been potted. Some guy shouted; "Pot it agsin."

Later in the match, he forgot to get one of the colours, the yellow I think, out of the pocket when potted.

He has been a referee now for 30 years hes refereed with the likes of Len Ganley and John Street to present. People do mistakes and i have no doubt had he been voted Back in as a Director he would have stepped Down, a few years ago Paul Collier said as much about it.

Postby Alex0paul

chengdufan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:3 tricky qualifiers and the rest are dross

Not only do you have no idea what you're talking about, but you're very negative to boot. Not a great combination :sad:

Seems that my statement has been spot on as usual.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:
chengdufan wrote:

Not only do you have no idea what you're talking about, but you're very negative to boot. Not a great combination :sad:

No it hasn't. You were just bitter Dott lost.

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
chengdufan wrote:

2 qualifiers through, one of which was Maguire and barely a close game. My statement was correct

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
chengdufan wrote:

2 qualifiers through, one of which was Maguire and barely a close game. My statement was correct

It will be more though. Ding will win and Noppon too, I believe.

Postby Iranu

Alex0paul wrote:

Been a bit drab and one sided