Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Final !!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:
I think one of the Chinese boys might do it this year. Although I guess they need to be tested in multiple BO19 and over.

But I think we could have another Bingham/Murphy year where someone comes from nowhere to win.

Vodkadiet right now.

Postby Reg Varney

HappyCamper wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:Trump was awful. How in 'Hell's creation' has Perry won a ranking event at 50?

He’s not 50 yet, he’s same year as Ronnie, Higgins and Williams.

forty seven. which i think makes him the second oldest ranking event winner, after reardon.

Correct, it was mentioned on the Eurosport coverage.

Huge congratulations to Joe. Never gave him a sniff of winning this, lovely interviews with him after.

Don't worry Judd, Gibraltar is just around the corner!

Postby The_Abbott

Reg Varney wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:Trump was awful. How in 'Hell's creation' has Perry won a ranking event at 50?

forty seven. which i think makes him the second oldest ranking event winner, after reardon.

Huge congratulations to Joe. Never gave him a sniff of winning this, lovely interviews with him after.

He going there for a holiday?

Postby mick745

The_Abbott wrote:
TheRocket wrote:very weird season. Maybe we could have a surprise winner at the Worlds.

I think one of the Chinese boys might do it this year. Although I guess they need to be tested in multiple BO19 and over.

But I think we could have another Bingham/Murphy year where someone comes from nowhere to win.

I think that could be true, Selby doesnt seem to be in the right mindset at the moment.

Always a debate who is the "best player never to win it", of the current top players that could be Mark Allen. He's record is poor at the crucible but he is more than capable.

But there are some players outside the top 16 who, were they to qualify, could cause plenty of the seeds a problem.

Postby Reg Varney

The_Abbott wrote:
Reg Varney wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

He going there for a holiday?

Gibraltar Open - Judd's favourite event

Postby SnookerFan

I've given up predicting The Crucible. I'm not only never right, I'm quite often so wrong my pick goes out in the first round.

The problem is, there's no other tournament like it. So even paying attention to prior form doesn't guarantee you'll do well at Fortress Cruce.

Postby Iranu

mick745 wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:
TheRocket wrote:very weird season. Maybe we could have a surprise winner at the Worlds.

I think that could be true, Selby doesnt seem to be in the right mindset at the moment.

Always a debate who is the "best player never to win it", of the current top players that could be Mark Allen. He's record is poor at the crucible but he is more than capable.

But there are some players outside the top 16 who, were they to qualify, could cause plenty of the seeds a problem.

To be fair it seems like Selby hasn’t been in the tight mindset for a long time and it hasn’t stopped him. Still favourite for me.

Postby Yanfan

I've already put a £5 bet on Zhao Xintong to win the WC at 16/1.

I would have put a tenner on if I was allowed to.

I think, over the long matches, he will shine. <ok>

Postby chengdufan

McManusFan wrote:
Yanfan wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:
Yanfan wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:
I wasn't questioning her abilities or her deservedness on merit to get the final. I'm sure a lot of the sportspeople and officials currently banned don't have any political or governmental affiliations and a number will abhor current world events as much as anyone...but they have been banned despite this just due to where they were born.

Obviously she may well be dual nationality now anyway.

To ban someone just because of where they were born is beyond ridiculous. It is a f*cking disgrace. Making an individual pay for something their government is doing is pathetic virtue signalling in the extreme.

I suspect there are a lot of Paralympians, athletes, gymnasts, footballers and ice hockey players who wholeheartedly agree with you currently

I bet there are. I feel sorry for them.

With the Olympics and paralympics it seems fair enough, they are highly politicised events, and peace is at the core of its objectives.

For other sports like tennis, F1 etc. I think they should just not fly the flag or play the national anthem. So I don't see a problem with Tatiana as these things don't happen in snooker anyway.

I think Snooker Island should take a stand and ban posts from anyone who promotes famously Russian products in their usernames.

Postby Yanfan

chengdufan wrote:I think Snooker Island should take a stand and ban posts from anyone who promotes famously Russian products in their usernames.

Yes. Also, potter_putin has been posting some really dodgy stuff, lately. rofl

Postby Juddernaut88

I actually can't remember the last time both Judd Trump and Arsenal won when they were both playing on the same day.
Already 3 times this season, whenever both have played at the same time, only one of them has won. There were also several times last season when only one of them won or neither won!

Postby Iranu

Juddernaut88 wrote:I actually can't remember the last time both Judd Trump and Arsenal won when they were both playing on the same day.
Already 3 times this season, whenever both have played at the same time, only one of them has won. There were also several times last season when only one of them won or neither won!

The Juddernaut Same Day Curse!

Postby SnookerFan

What was that stupid curse you were worried about before, Judder?

You were worried that Judd had never won a match at a tournament that he'd only played at twice, or something.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:What was that stupid curse you were worried about before, Judder?

You were worried that Judd had never won a match at a tournament that he'd only played at twice, or something.

Cazoo curse. It ended though fortunately when he won the champion of champions.

Postby Iranu

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What was that stupid curse you were worried about before, Judder?

<laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:

Oh that's right. <laugh>

"He's never won a match at the Cazoo series."
"How many have there been?"
"Errr.... two."
"So, the curse is that he lost two matches than Judder?"
"It's still worrying."

rofl rofl <doh>

Postby Juddernaut88

HappyCamper wrote:joe perry is an arsenal fan. true story.

Oh yes he is, I remember in the 2004 world championship, He beat Mark Williams in the last 16. He mentioned in an interview Arsenal were going to win the title the following day which they did!

Postby SnookerFan

Yanfan wrote:I've already put a £5 bet on Zhao Xintong to win the WC at 16/1.

Nice of your parents to be so supportive of your gambling.

Postby Yanfan

SnookerFan wrote:
Yanfan wrote:I've already put a £5 bet on Zhao Xintong to win the WC at 16/1.

Nice of your parents to be so supportive of your gambling.

Yes. It is. <laugh>