Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Masters Final: Neil Robertson v Barry Hawkins

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

badtemperedcyril wrote:Stating the obvious but Robertson now stretches further clear of Trump’s TC tally. More pressure on Trump to deliver at the Crucible?

He's won two triple crown events since Trumps last one. Three different Chinese players have won one since then too.

Postby LC

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:Stating the obvious but Robertson now stretches further clear of Trump’s TC tally. More pressure on Trump to deliver at the Crucible?

He's won two triple crown events since Trumps last one. Three different Chinese players have won one since then too.

Had me thinking there who the 3rd Chinese player was and it’s of course ding who’s rapidly becoming yesterdays man, still time to arrest his possible decline, but with circumstances of the last few year and other factors, he might not give a hoot !

Postby LC

How many he got now 6? 3 uk 2 masters 1WC

Postby Prop

I missed loads of snooker at the weekend, but caught up with it (I know, part timer!)

Robbo wasn’t amazing, but consistent enough and solid enough to do the job. I think it was the frame to go 9 up, he really loosened up and played his proper game. He gets a bit of stick, he’s not necessarily box-office, but if you play the game yourself you can only really admire how good he is technically. Cue action like a robot, dead straight, even under pressure. That carries Robbo through a lot of matches. A lot of players tend to lose their technique when they find themselves under pressure, but with Robbo he just loses the ability to see the shots and stay in rhythm. He still cues like a dream.

Barry was just… Barry. Jack of all trades, master of none, and he’s always somewhat lacked the ability to suddenly find another level when he really needs it, unlike the true greats of the game. Players like Selby, Ron, Higgins, it’s often the case that they find some magic from somewhere when they’re backed into a corner. It’s not something we really see from Baz.

So now it’s the build up to April. The business end of the season. If Robbo continues to convince himself he hates the Crucible, he’ll do the same as he always has. But he really does have an opportunity to change that, if he’s prepared to work on some changes mentally. His game is in good shape. So you never know.

Postby The_Abbott

This was the first Masters since 1982 where I never even saw one game from start to finish. I don't know why. Maybe its the January blues but not feeling the snooker love. Maybe the Shootout will perk me back up.

Postby McManusFan

The_Abbott wrote:This was the first Masters since 1982 where I never even saw one game from start to finish. I don't know why. Maybe its the January blues but not feeling the snooker love. Maybe the Shootout will perk me back up.

That's a pity. First round and the final weren't great, but the quarters and semis were excellent.

Postby hendry_fan

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!,ROBBO WINS THE MASTERS FOR THE 2ND TIME!.

10 years after his 1st win back in 2012!.It was his sixth Triple Crown win. :hatoff:

BIG Breaks wise,it was,nt the highest scorein Masters we,ve seen.Robbo managed eight 50+ers,two were Centuries.

The Hawk only managed two 50+ers!,one aint gonna become a Masters Champ scorein so measly as that.

Very well done Robbo!. :win: :happy: :clap: :cracker: <ok>

BUT!,

KEEP BEATIN THE RONSTER,OR ELSE!. ;-) :happy: <laugh>

Postby The_Abbott

McManusFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:This was the first Masters since 1982 where I never even saw one game from start to finish. I don't know why. Maybe its the January blues but not feeling the snooker love. Maybe the Shootout will perk me back up.

That's a pity. First round and the final weren't great, but the quarters and semis were excellent.

yeah I saw some of the amazing shots from Williams and wished I has seen the matches. Although it did mean I didn't see these rowdy crowds :-D

Postby Iranu

The_Abbott wrote:
McManusFan wrote:

yeah I saw some of the amazing shots from Williams and wished I has seen the matches. Although it did mean I didn't see these rowdy crowds :-D

Username/comment synergy

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerFan wrote:Last night I had a dream that Desislava was my flat mate. She told me off for not keeping the kitchen clean. Apparently I'd spilled rice everywhere, so I was cleaning it up. What a lame dream.

what did Michaela think about it?

Postby Prop

The_Abbott wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Last night I had a dream that Desislava was my flat mate. She told me off for not keeping the kitchen clean. Apparently I'd spilled rice everywhere, so I was cleaning it up. What a lame dream.

<laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:

I haven't asked her opinion yet.