Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Masters Final: Neil Robertson v Barry Hawkins

Postby Andre147

Ck147 wrote:Lovely scenes. WC 2022 champion as well? (just kidding)

If Ronnie cant do it, that would be lovely mate.

Neil far too good a player to only be on 1WC title.

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Robbo is wrapping up the big titles since 2019. CoC, UK, Tour Champs, Masters.

Good point, that. Just one big one missing from that list.

its the final thing missing. If he wins a second World title his career record would be pretty strong. Probably enough to be an All-Time Great for most people.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Robbo is wrapping up the big titles since 2019. CoC, UK, Tour Champs, Masters.

Good point, that. Just one big one missing from that list.

its the final thing missing. If he wins a second World title his career record would be pretty strong. Probably enough to be an All-Time Great for most people.

Sadly I don’t see that happening.

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Lovely scenes. WC 2022 champion as well? (just kidding)

No reason why not, got to be one of the favourites.

He always is, but fails to deliver. Only one semi-final since he became champion, too poor.

Needs to get rid of that mentality that The Crucible is too small. it is what it is, and he usually plays great in the opening 2 rounds, so he needs to keep it going.

Postby Iranu

Is it just me or did Robbo not actually play that well this week?

His potting was reliable as ever but he didn’t seem as clinical as usual in terms of breakbuilding.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:Is it just me or did Robbo not actually play that well this week?

His potting was reliable as ever but he didn’t seem as clinical as usual in terms of breakbuilding.

He didn't you're right. But he won, that's what matters in the end.

Postby HustleKing

No, I would agree with that

Postby Ck147

Thanks guys for all the congrats, I work hard supporting Robbo from my sofa and it makes me feel good that it’s appreciated (lol).

Yeah, Robbo is certainly technically capable of winning the WC but just needs to sort out the mental side.

Postby Ck147

HustleKing wrote:

No, I would agree with that

Ditto. Over the week he made quite a few misses at key points in the breaks that would have kept his opponents seated. Wasn’t peak Robbo, but good enough to win.

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:Robbo did enough, it’s about conserving energy. He could learn a lot from that during the worlds.

Maybe he peaks too early there? We've discussed this before.

I don't think you can plan your good form though. It's not as if he'll try to play bad in the first rounds. Most likely if he did that he would end up losing. I'm thinking of his losses against Milkins for instance.