Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Masters Semi-Finals: Judd Trump v Barry Hawkins

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:It’s the Players’ Championship with lipstick on.

Have you ever been to the Masters?

Yes. Sadly.

Oh, did you get mugged while in London? Really not understanding your dislike for it.

Postby Andre147

I was there at the Ally Pally with my brother. Met SF and Dan, watched some cracking matches, atmosphere was great, had a lovely time. Definately want to repeat the experience.

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:I was there at the Ally Pally with my brother. Met SF and Dan, watched some cracking matches, atmosphere was great, had a lovely time. Definately want to repeat the experience.

Me too, I met SF at the Masters 2020, loved it. Wish I booked tickets this year, esp as Robbo didn’t get knocked out first round…lol

Postby Juddernaut88

Looking back at this match Judd Trump didn't bottle it. He didn't really miss any easy pots. He had no chances in the last 2 frames. He made that mistake in the 10th frame pushing the boat out going for that long red and leaving Barry an easy starter which gave him confidence. Barrys safety was also pretty good overall today.
There are some positives to take away from this tournament but there are of course negatives as well. Ultimately though I feel this was a missed opportunity for Judd to clinch a 2nd Masters title.

Postby Pink Ball

Georgi1914 wrote:I am quite drunk right now and don't feel like reading all of pink ball's posts on this thread. From what I read though I can conclude that this is another one of his attempts to express unconventional opinions such as the one that Higgins is a bigger player than Davis and so on.. I think you are a smart man, pink ball, but you are trying too hard at times to express your opinions as some universal truths. And most of the times they are simply not! Give it a rest on some topics, snooker is quite enjoyable as it is, with its current traditions and history!

Higgins is greater than Steve Davis. I don’t like that, but it’s true. Albeit very close between the two.

Postby Pink Ball

Ck147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Yes. Sadly.

Oh, did you get mugged while in London? Really not understanding your dislike for it.

No, I didn’t get mugged. Never liked the Wembley crowd, but it hit an almighty low at the 2007 final.

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Yes. Sadly.

No, I didn’t get mugged. Never liked the Wembley crowd, but it hit an almighty low at the 2007 final.

You know things have moved on since then, right?

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:Yeah, I do, but I amn’t going to the tournament again anytime soon.

Fair play for turning this into something it isn’t. I’m here to talk about the format.

Your loss, nothing wrong with the format, other tourneys fit your requirements. Considering going to TC this year, you ever been?

Postby Yanfan

Juddernaut88 wrote:Looking back at this match Judd Trump didn't bottle it. He didn't really miss any easy pots. He had no chances in the last 2 frames. He made that mistake in the 10th frame pushing the boat out going for that long red and leaving Barry an easy starter which gave him confidence. Barrys safety was also pretty good overall today.
There are some positives to take away from this tournament but there are of course negatives as well. Ultimately though I feel this was a missed opportunity for Judd to clinch a 2nd Masters title.

Yep. I agree. That about sums it up.

I have seen Judd play a lot better than that. And, I have also seen Barry play a lot worse. Overall, if one of Judd's 'pushing the boat out' attempts had gone in, it could have been a different story.

But I can easily see Judd winning the World Championship again this year. I don't think my man, Yan, is quite up to it yet. <ok>

Postby LDS

SnookerFan wrote:So, Hawkins won then?

Yes, it was on this sad day for the competition when the non-elite player with:

8 QF or better TC results, 6 of which were SF or better,

32 regular ranking results of QF or better, 22 of which were SF or better and 3 of which were title wins,

8 out of 9 straight years in the top 16, the one missing year being, shock, 17th, with six of those years being in the top 10 and a highest ranking of 4th in the world,

Made it to the final of the Snooker Masters event.

I mean, what's the world coming to :shock:

Postby Yanfan

LDS wrote:

32 regular ranking results of QF or better, 22 of which were SF or better and 3 of which were title wins,

8 out of 9 straight years in the top 16, the one missing year being, shock, 17th, with six of those years being in the top 10 and a highest ranking of 4th in the world,

Well, when you put it that way. :chin: :-D

Postby SnookerFan

LDS wrote:

What you having a go at me for?

I wanted Hawkins to win, I just didn't see the end of the game.