Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Masters Quarter-Finals: N Robertson v R O'Sullivan

Postby Iranu

Yanfan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Yanfan wrote:LOL. All I have to do is quote something my dad said, and Iranu thinks I am some kind of imposter or something.

He's bucking obsessed with me. It's hilarious. rofl

Hey, Iranu, do you want to have another argument like when I destroyed you in this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=700&t=11715

If you do, bring it on. I can multitask.

Bucking muppet.

You need to calm down. I was making a joke about you being 16.

Oh, really. You've changed your mind since you posted this then?

Iranu wrote:
Yanfan wrote:I don't know why, and I've heard it a thousand times, but I still find it funny when he says 'Where's the cue ball going.' :-D

In two years? When he mostly hasn’t even been commentating?

It was a different post with different content. The earlier question I asked which you’ve quoted was I think a fair one and you, equally fairly, replied that you’d heard it a lot on YouTube.

Saying you were full of rubbish was less fair, whether I believed it or not, and I apologise for that.

I’d like to suggest drawing a line under it and moving forward.

Postby Prop

Andre147 wrote:I'm confident in Ronnie for the rest of the season, might even win another ITV event before the Worlds.

I’m starting to feel that really all that matters now are the TCs. Players or Tour would be great, but they’re not going to mean anywhere near as much as another UK, Masters or WC once he’s all done. And that day draws closer.

Postby Andre147

Prop wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I'm confident in Ronnie for the rest of the season, might even win another ITV event before the Worlds.

I’m starting to feel that really all that matters now are the TCs. Players or Tour would be great, but they’re not going to mean anywhere near as much as another UK, Masters or WC once he’s all done. And that day draws closer.

Worlds is all that matters now, I'm just saying he's playing well enough to win another event before then.

And the ITV events are his best chance, he loves them. Selby complete opposite, never even made a Final lol

Postby Georgi1914

Rockettim147 wrote:I’m F€$ gutted. I kept saying he wasn’t gonna win. I’m off to get wasted.

Relax, dude! Of course it would be nice for Ronnie to add new achievements to his legacy, but it's all about the 7th world title at this point of his career. The majority of snooker fans already know who the GOAT is but equalling Hendry's Crucible record would finally put an end of any disputes even by the Rocket's biggest doubters.

Postby TheRocket

there is no reason to be disappointed about today. Ronnie has had a good season so far, won a tournament and quite a good one. I expect him to win one of the tournaments prior to the World Championship and then hopefully he will have a real shot at the World title.

Postby Andre147

Georgi1914 wrote:
Rockettim147 wrote:I’m F€$ gutted. I kept saying he wasn’t gonna win. I’m off to get wasted.

Relax, dude! Of course it would be nice for Ronnie to add new achievements to his legacy, but it's all about the 7th world title at this point of his career. The majority of snooker fans already know who the GOAT is but equalling Hendry's Crucible record would finally put an end of any disputes even by the Rocket's biggest doubters.

Even his biggest doubters wouldn't claim he's the GOAT even if he won an 8th Worlds.

Postby Prop

Andre147 wrote:
Prop wrote:

Worlds is all that matters now, I'm just saying he's playing well enough to win another event before then.

And the ITV events are his best chance, he loves them. Selby complete opposite, never even made a Final lol

Yep <ok>

Does seem that way. But we’ll never really be able to predict it. One thing I do know is that if he doesn’t find a tip he’s comfortable with it’s always going to hold him back mentally. That really is an issue. And there are some fantastic tips available now like Century or Legends that just didn’t exist 10-20 years ago when he seemed to do ok. He can’t keep going out to play a match with that in his head.

Postby Georgi1914

Andre147 wrote:
Georgi1914 wrote:

Even his biggest doubters wouldn't claim he's the GOAT even if he won an 8th Worlds.

Maybe you're right actually! There are some special cases indeed haha

Postby Rockettim147

Georgi1914 wrote:

Yes defo the Worlds

Postby Iranu

Some people were saying “No more rankers for Ronnie” for the last year.

Then as soon as he wins one it’s “No more majors.”

He’s not going to win everything. Aren’t these people tired of being proven wrong? It must be exhausting.

Postby badtemperedcyril

Iranu wrote:
Rockettim147 wrote:No more majors for Ronnie

The WGP was a major before the BBC decided they no longer wanted it.

(Okay that’s quite a stretch <laugh> )

Different tournament. The old Grand Prix (Rothmans/Skoda etc) became what is now the World Open.

The WGP was a new event that started 5 or 6 years ago.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:I think Robbo will get to the final now. He will beat Williams or Higgins in the semis (has a good record against both) and then either face Selby or Trump in the final. I bet it will be another final against Judd.

Judder's biggest nightmare is Robbo in the Final lol

But yeah, I agree with you.

Postby TheRocket

badtemperedcyril wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Different tournament. The old Grand Prix (Rothmans/Skoda etc) became what is now the World Open.

thats true. The trophy is the same though I think. A nice one has to be said.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:
Iranu wrote:

thats true. The trophy is the same though I think. A nice one has to be said.

Similar to the Claret Jug. That's the Open Championship for Golf.

Postby Rockettim147

TheRocket wrote:there is no reason to be disappointed about today. Ronnie has had a good season so far, won a tournament and quite a good one. I expect him to win one of the tournaments prior to the World Championship and then hopefully he will have a real shot at the World title.

I really hope your right, but I have my doubts. I will be back on here for the Worlds. Also I have tickets for the Quarters so hopefully he will be there.

Stay safe everyone