Post a reply

Re: Unwatchable

Postby Alex0paul

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Got to have it on mute

But why?

Don’t want to hear idiots shouting out at every opportunity to create some sort of bastardized atmosphere

Postby Iranu

Alex0paul wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

But why?

Don’t want to hear idiots shouting out at every opportunity to create some sort of bastardized atmosphere

I do agree with this.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:Have what on mute? Have you found a way to watch it?

rofl

Postby 1892

Alex0paul wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

But why?

Completely agree.

Feels like the Shootout at times.

Postby vodkadiet1

It is just a Covid spreading event that must make NHS workers cringe.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:The constant hype about the event.
The bull about what an amazing crowd.
The matches have been pretty dull.
The same players that we’ve seen at the Masters pretty much for the last 10 years.
The incredible standard.

Lets Dissect this

The constant hype about the event. With how governments has been stopping this that and other this was under threat over Christmas
The bull about what an amazing crowd. The crowds has been brilliant, no getting away from that
The matches have been pretty dull. there's been poor matches but there's been great matches, pretty much sums up sport
The same players that we’ve seen at the Masters pretty much for the last 10 years. cant remember a 13 year old Zhao Xintong or 11 year old Yan Bingtao at the Masters plus 10 years ago even Graeme Dott was playing
The incredible standard. to be fair not see anything that unbelievable so Alex has a point there

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet1 wrote:It is just a Covid spreading event that must make NHS workers cringe.

I Remember going to measles spreading parties, brilliant isn't it

Postby vodkadiet1

Wildey wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:It is just a Covid spreading event that must make NHS workers cringe.

I Remember going to measles spreading parties, brilliant isn't it

AIDS spreading parties were better!

Postby eraserhead

better than pretty much every ranker except the worlds.

Postby Pink Ball

eraserhead wrote:better than pretty much every ranker except the worlds.

It's fine. No more, no less. I respect that it's the most respected event aside from the Worlds amongst the players, and I know that winning it is a massive deal. But from a viewer's perspective, I've never got all the fuss, and it has always had a problem with its crowds. Atmosphere and idiocy are different things but easily confused.

Postby eraserhead

Pink Ball wrote: Atmosphere and idiocy are different things but easily confused.

As is amount of frames and quality of match.

Postby Pink Ball

eraserhead wrote:
Pink Ball wrote: Atmosphere and idiocy are different things but easily confused.

As is amount of frames and quality of match.

Correct, a rubbish multi-session match is much toilet facility than a rubbish single-session match. But a good multi-session match is comfortably better than a good single-session match.

Also, longer matches are more effective in separating the men from the boys. That, to me, is the essence of what a truly major snooker tournament should be. The Masters fails miserably on that front.

Postby eraserhead

Pink Ball wrote:Correct, a rubbish multi-session match is much toilet facility than a rubbish single-session match. But a good multi-session match is comfortably better than a good single-session match.

Also, longer matches are more effective in separating the men from the boys. That, to me, is the essence of what a truly major snooker tournament should be. The Masters fails miserably on that front.

In my opinion a best of 11 is a a good amount of frames for a match. if you can't get it done in 11 frames that's on the player. Masters is great for these one session matches between the top 16.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
The same players that we’ve seen at the Masters pretty much for the last 10 years.
The incredible standard.

Lets Dissect this

The constant hype about the event. With how governments has been stopping this that and other this was under threat over Christmas
The bull about what an amazing crowd. The crowds has been brilliant, no getting away from that
The matches have been pretty dull. there's been poor matches but there's been great matches, pretty much sums up sport
The same players that we’ve seen at the Masters pretty much for the last 10 years. cant remember a 13 year old Zhao Xintong or 11 year old Yan Bingtao at the Masters plus 10 years ago even Graeme Dott was playing
The incredible standard. to be fair not see anything that unbelievable so Alex has a point there

You have more important things to dissect.

The crowd have been a bucking irritant, and a borderline disgrace, in every match except the MJW-Higgins match. And even in that one aside from the ovations.

When the referees are telling the crowd not to shout out when players are at the table MULTIPLE TIMES IN EVERY GAME, that is NOT a good crowd.

Postby Alex0paul

The best atmosphere in snooker is when it’s so intense that the crowd are scared to breath incase they make a sound

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:The best atmosphere in snooker is when it’s so intense that the crowd are scared to breath incase they make a sound

For once, I agree with you.

Postby Prop

Alex0paul wrote:The best atmosphere in snooker is when it’s so intense that the crowd are scared to breath incase they make a sound

Correct.

Postby McManusFan

The crowds have been too rowdy for my tastes, however the players seem to have been enjoying it, which is maybe the most important thing.

That said, they are hardly going to sat to Rob Walker "great match, shame about the people".

Postby Pink Ball

The Masters has had an uncanny ability to attract the worst of snooker ‘fans’ over the years, and it’s been celebrated for its atmosphere more often than it’s been condemned. Obviously most people who go to matches there are sound, but those idiots are the first thing I think of when I think of the Masters. Not elitism that doesn’t even bucking exist.

Postby SnookerEd25

That is the finest point you’ve made in many a post <ok>

Postby Satch4

The incredible standard.

I just watched williams vs robertson and regarding point 3, you are wrong

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:
The incredible standard.

Lets Dissect this

The crowd have been a bucking irritant, and a borderline disgrace, in every match except the MJW-Higgins match. And even in that one aside from the ovations.

When the referees are telling the crowd not to shout out when players are at the table MULTIPLE TIMES IN EVERY GAME, that is NOT a good crowd.

I Disagree strongly with this Crap

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:The Masters has had an uncanny ability to attract the worst of snooker ‘fans’ over the years, and it’s been celebrated for its atmosphere more often than it’s been condemned. Obviously most people who go to matches there are sound, but those idiots are the first thing I think of when I think of the Masters. Not elitism that doesn’t even bucking exist.

There's Idiots everywhere and When you get a Crowd of that many you will get more Idiots..

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:I Disagree strongly with this Crap

So you think it’s okay for the crowd to regularly be shouting with a player at the table?

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:The Masters has had an uncanny ability to attract the worst of snooker ‘fans’ over the years, and it’s been celebrated for its atmosphere more often than it’s been condemned. Obviously most people who go to matches there are sound, but those idiots are the first thing I think of when I think of the Masters. Not elitism that doesn’t even bucking exist.

There's Idiots everywhere and When you get a Crowd of that many you will get more Idiots..

Nonsense. You don’t get this rubbish at the Tempodrom.

Postby Yanfan

I was going to join in with this, but I've realised that I don't mind whatever kind of crowd it is.

I like when it’s so intense that the crowd are scared to breathe in case they make a sound, and I also like it when the crowd are excited in a rowdy way.

I'm easily pleased, I suppose. <laugh>

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Heckling players and shouting when they're on shots is unacceptable but apart from that I don't mind the crowd. The event feels big in a way other tournaments don't and I think the rowdier crowds are part of that. It wouldn't suit the Crucible or the World Championship but I don't think the people who go to that the same although there might be a danger of it creeping in.

Postby Alex0paul

Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:
The incredible standard.

Lets Dissect this

I Disagree strongly with this Crap

Watch the Shootout then