Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Masters 1st Round : Kyren Wilson v Stuart Bingham

Postby LDS

I must be weird somehow because this match looks very interesting to me.

I'm aware that people get fed up of the Kyren the worker meme that gets repeated ad nauseum, it bores me silly too, but I still find Kyren's style of play to be very watchable.

Sure, his AST might be marginally slower than a people's champion type of player, but he plays good direct snooker that very rarely gets bogged down in three minute shot decisions and so, when that does happen, it's likely a situation that really really needs it.

I'd take Kyren over Pythagorus Robbo, CBA Sullivan, off-form Judd and all the etc. When Kyren's off-form it doesn't really change the match much, his matches are usually either him getting big break relatively quickly or the other guy getting a big break relatively quickly. Regardless of AST.

Bingham is also another primarily attacking player who likes to either get the job done or go home. So, to me, this match has a lot more appeal than many other first round matches.

Postby chengdufan

LDS wrote:I must be weird somehow because this match looks very interesting to me.

I'm aware that people get fed up of the Kyren the worker meme that gets repeated ad nauseum, it bores me silly too, but I still find Kyren's style of play to be very watchable.

Sure, his AST might be marginally slower than a people's champion type of player, but he plays good direct snooker that very rarely gets bogged down in three minute shot decisions and so, when that does happen, it's likely a situation that really really needs it.

I'd take Kyren over Pythagorus Robbo, CBA Sullivan, off-form Judd and all the etc. When Kyren's off-form it doesn't really change the match much, his matches are usually either him getting big break relatively quickly or the other guy getting a big break relatively quickly. Regardless of AST.

Bingham is also another primarily attacking player who likes to either get the job done or go home. So, to me, this match has a lot more appeal than many other first round matches.

:goodpost:
Couldn't agree more with this

Postby Prop

LDS wrote:I must be weird somehow because this match looks very interesting to me.

Fair points, to be fair.

Postby badtemperedcyril

Take your point, LDS. A point very well pointed out.