Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Masters 1st Round : Judd Trump v Mark Allen

Postby Prop

I think a lot of people will be fancying Allen for this. But I’m not sure. As much as Judd hasn’t quite found top form for a while, and his TC record seems to be an ever-growing monkey on his back, I think he could busrt into life at any moment.

I’m pretty close to 50/50 on this, with Trump having the slight edge.

Postby Andre147

Prop wrote:I think a lot of people will be fancying Allen for this. But I’m not sure. As much as Judd hasn’t quite found top form for a while, and his TC record seems to be an ever-growing monkey on his back, I think he could busrt into life at any moment.

Same here.

I think he'll be motivated for this, plus he missed the tournament last year due to Covid.

Postby James Bentley

I expected the bookies' odds for this to be quite close, but they actually make Trump firm favourite at 4/9, with Allen at 7/4. Of course, this could just reflect that they are taking more money on Judd (although I don't imagine that single matches outside the Worlds attract enough money to shift the odds appreciably).

Postby Juddernaut88

I have training all week, still from home though so I will still have the Snooker on but I won't be able to post much this afternoon so just in case Judd is losing and a few people say I have disappeared because of that.

Postby sundaygirl

My original opinion of Mark Allen: He’s a bit of a tit
Then I really warmed to him, mostly due to seeing him live against Higgins with SF at this very venue
I’m sooo over that now #TeamReanne
I guess that means I’m a Trumpette this afternoon

Postby Yanfan

sundaygirl wrote:My original opinion of Mark Allen: He’s a bit of a tit
Then I really warmed to him, mostly due to seeing him live against Higgins with SF at this very venue

Wow. SF won't like that. He can't stand Judd. <laugh>

I support Judd when Yan is knocked out, though. :-)

So, come on, Judd! <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:My original opinion of Mark Allen: He’s a bit of a tit

That was my magnetic personality and charisma that made him seem better.

Postby mantorok

Prop wrote:I think a lot of people will be fancying Allen for this. But I’m not sure. As much as Judd hasn’t quite found top form for a while, and his TC record seems to be an ever-growing monkey on his back, I think he could busrt into life at any moment.

Same, you can never write Allen off from beating anyone, it's just what version turns up really. I think a tree-fiddy bet might be in order.

Postby Yanfan

mantorok wrote:

Same, you can never write Allen off from beating anyone, it's just what version turns up really. I think a tree-fiddy bet might be in order.

Tree-fiddy

rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Yanfan wrote:
mantorok wrote:

Tree-fiddy

rofl

I'm surprised you're old enough to remember that episode.

Postby Yanfan

SnookerFan wrote:
Yanfan wrote:
mantorok wrote:

Tree-fiddy

rofl

I'm surprised you're old enough to remember that episode.

I never actually saw it live. But nearly all the seasons of South Park are available on Amazon Prime video, and the ones that aren't are not difficult to find elsewhere on the internet.

I love South Park. It's great. <ok>

Postby TheRocket

Judd about Mark Allen. I probably agree with him.

‘He can blow people away, but he’s someone who I feel if I play my best against I’m going to win 10 times out of 10. But if you’re five per cent off, or missing the odd ball you shouldn’t miss he’s up there with John Higgins as one of the players under pressure to make big clearances. He’s a bit tricky in that way.

Postby Yanfan

LDS wrote:PMQs before snooker is quite a trudge.

Boris is starting to look very old:

Jeezus. I could not watch that if you paid me. I don't believe a single word of what any of those w*nkers says. It's just an endless procession of lies and corruption, isn't it?