Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Masters 1st Round : Judd Trump v Mark Allen

Postby Prop

Juddernaut88 wrote:Yessssss get in there :D I thought Judd was going to go 5-3 down and but that was a big steal. He's also lost his last few deciders and I was thinking here we go again but fortunately he managed to take his chance in the decider.
Judd wasn't at his best by any means but his scoring was a lot better and I think overall he deserved the win just!

Congrats. Long way to go this week though. Maybe this win is the kick up the bottom he needs.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:Am I the only one who gets a sense that could prove to be a very big win in the career of Mr Judd Trump?

Has flattered to deceive too often in big events for me to think that.

Pulled out some great pots today but he always does that. Allen lost that match more than Judd won it. He screwed up at almost every turn, really.

Postby Prop

Pink Ball wrote:
Prop wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Am I the only one who gets a sense that could prove to be a very big win in the career of Mr Judd Trump?

In a way. But I’ve been expecting him to suddenly click for months. He shows signs of it happening… then goes out next round.

Dunno, it happening in a major, in a match that was highly losable even beforehand, just feels...different.

Aye. I see exactly what you’re seeing. It’s very difficult to predict, but it’s got all the hallmarks of a classic career turnaround.

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:

Pulled out some great pots today but he always does that. Allen lost that match more than Judd won it. He screwed up at almost every turn, really.

Don't know about flattering to deceive. I think he has looked positively underwhelming at pretty much every major he's played in since, and gone out to the first decent player he's faced. He was all over the shop today, right enough, but he did win against a big name.

Postby Juddernaut88

Andre147 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Yessssss get in there :D I thought Judd was going to go 5-3 down and but that was a big steal. He's also lost his last few deciders and I was thinking here we go again but fortunately he managed to take his chance in the decider.
Judd wasn't at his best by any means but his scoring was a lot better and I think overall he deserved the win just!

You must be buzzing mate!

Well done, those kind of wins on the brink of defeat can often lead to titles, we shall see...

I am indeed mate. The last month he's had a few close defeats so big relief he's got the win. We will see what he can do for the rest of the tournament. I'm just taking it game by game.
I still feel whoever wins the match between Ronnie and Robbo will be slight favourite to win the title.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Don't know about flattering to deceive. I think he has looked positively underwhelming at pretty much every major he's played in since, and gone out to the first decent player he's faced. He was all over the shop today, right enough, but he did win against a big name.

Yes, flattering to deceive is probably not the right phrase.

He could well kick on from here. But if he plays Kyren in the next round I still think I’d fancy Kyren to beat him just because of how they seem to match up.

Then again I’m currently pointless on Revolving Cues and one Mantorok away from a Pink Dildo so take this with a heap of salt.

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Yes, flattering to deceive is probably not the right phrase.

He could well kick on from here. But if he plays Kyren in the next round I still think I’d fancy Kyren to beat him just because of how they seem to match up.

Then again I’m currently pointless on Revolving Cues and one Mantorok away from a Pink Dildo so take this with a heap of salt.

Yeah, who're you to criticise his performance in triple crown events when you're crashing and burning in two legs of the predictions triple crown?

Postby Yanfan

Congrats, Judders. :-D

As I have mentioned in the past, when Yan is out, I switch my allegiance to Judd. So I am pleased that Judd came through. <ok>

Postby Juddernaut88

Yanfan wrote:

As I have mentioned in the past, when Yan is out, I switch my allegiance to Judd. So I am pleased that Judd came through. <ok>

Thanks mate :hatoff: we're probably the only current users on here that support him lol.

Postby Prop

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Yanfan wrote:

Thanks mate :hatoff: we're probably the only current users on here that support him lol.

Johnny Bravo likes him :shrug:

Postby Yanfan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Yanfan wrote:

Yes. There's not many of us, is there? I don't know why. He's brilliant to watch. I don't really care if he doesn't want to wear a tie. Watching him play is all I care about. <ok>

Postby James Bentley

Juddernaut88 wrote:Thanks mate :hatoff: we're probably the only current users on here that support him lol.

No, I usually support Judd too. Maybe not against Thepchaiya. But against pretty much anyone else.

Postby Juddernaut88

James Bentley wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Thanks mate :hatoff: we're probably the only current users on here that support him lol.

No, I usually support Judd too. Maybe not against Thepchaiya. But against pretty much anyone else.

Nice one :hatoff:

Postby Yanfan

James Bentley wrote:

Excellent. That's at least three for the Judd army, then. <ok> :-)

Postby Ck147

Only got to see the decider due to work. Bet you’re well pleased Judders, you must have been really nervous when it looked like Allen was going to win.

Postby Satch4

Yanfan wrote:
James Bentley wrote:

Excellent. That's at least three for the Judd army, then. <ok> :-)

Judd is my favourite active player. he's kind of cooled for a while now but hopefully he will hit better form soon
Last edited by Satch4 on 13 Jan 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Postby chengdufan

Yanfan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
Yanfan wrote:

Yes. There's not many of us, is there? I don't know why. He's brilliant to watch. I don't really care if he doesn't want to wear a tie. Watching him play is all I care about. <ok>

Judd is brilliant to watch when he's playing well and I usually want him to win. Same with Ronnie.
Off the table, I dislike them as people, but for different reasons.
Judd is an egotist. He is desperate for people to like him and doesn't have a care in the world for the people who do.
Ronnie can't control his emotions, which sometimes results in his actions having a negative effect on others. He also has some questionable views. At heart though he is someone who cares about other people more than himself, which means he is much easier to warm to than Judd.

Postby Holden Chinaski

chengdufan wrote:Judd is brilliant to watch when he's playing well and I usually want him to win. Same with Ronnie.
Off the table, I dislike them as people, but for different reasons.
Judd is an egotist. He is desperate for people to like him and doesn't have a care in the world for the people who do.
Ronnie can't control his emotions, which sometimes results in his actions having a negative effect on others. He also has some questionable views. At heart though he is someone who cares about other people more than himself, which means he is much easier to warm to than Judd.

<ok>