Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Championship League 2021/2022

Postby LC

These rasson tables play so easy, break after break, I know there’s very little pressure so that will help, but everytime I watch this it looks so easy

Postby Iranu

The_Abbott wrote:Surprised Ding is in this and the Shootout. Money must be tight.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t!

Postby McManusFan

LC wrote:These rasson tables play so easy, break after break, I know there’s very little pressure so that will help, but everytime I watch this it looks so easy

You didn't see some of the misses in the Ding Carter game. Balls very close to the pocket being missed by both players.

Postby SnookerFan

I don't see why Ding wouldn't play in this, he missed the first few tournaments of the season and has dropped out of the top-16. Why not play in a tournament which has always been paid practice? It'll get him some competitive table-time leading up to the proper events.

And I guess the reason he's in the Shoot-Out is to get ranking points. It is a ranking event now, I think we've mentioned.

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:Ding beats Carter 3-1.

This is the result that matters <ok>

(though would matter more in a proper tournament <doh> )

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:Yeah don’t forget, Ding’s 29th in the world. He has a LOT to do to get in the 16 for the Worlds.

(Although, remember what happened last time he had to qualifafy…)

Postby Juddernaut88

Yan Bingtao wins the group final 3-1 against Martin Gould :D
Martin Gould, Kyren Wilson Ding Junhui and Doing Junhui will all play in group 7 on the 1st and 2nd February.

Postby McManusFan

Just seen the results, great wins for Yan. And good to see Ding will be in group 7, which is shaping up to be quite the group of death.

Ronnie, Robbo, Higgins, Kyren, Ding, Gould, and Carter. Should be worth a watch early February.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:Seems weird that it clashes with the Turkish Qualifiers.

It certainly does. The players that are involved in this that are participating in the Turkish Masters qualifiers this week will be knackered.

Postby Yanfan

Ronnie v Kyren is on at 11.00, the same time as my multiple choice physics test is supposed to start.

Let's see which one I give the most attention to. <laugh>

Postby Yanfan

It might be OK, because Ronnie doesn't seem to like those cubicle/no-crowd matches.

So I'm wondering if there may be some 'antics' on show, especially if he goes behind in the match.

It was quite entertaining when he played Hoss that time, wasn't it. :-D

Postby McManusFan

Yanfan wrote:It might be OK, because Ronnie doesn't seem to like those cubicle/no-crowd matches.

So I'm wondering if there may be some 'antics' on show, especially if he goes behind in the match.

I'm not sure how much he likes the crowd either! Remember when he kept sitting down every time anyone in the audience made the slightest movement! I think he just gets grumpy sometimes, and stuff gets into his head.

Anyway, come on Ding and John!

Postby Yanfan

McManusFan wrote:
Yanfan wrote:It might be OK, because Ronnie doesn't seem to like those cubicle/no-crowd matches.

I'm not sure how much he likes the crowd either! Remember when he kept sitting down every time anyone in the audience made the slightest movement! I think he just gets grumpy sometimes, and stuff gets into his head.

Anyway, come on Ding and John!

LOL. Yes, I do remember that. Ronnie doesn't seem to like anything, does he?

Miserable old bugger. <laugh>

And, out of the crowd that's playing today, I will also be supporting John and Ding. <ok>