Post a reply

Cazoo UK Championship Final !!!!!!!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Tuesday 23rd of November - Sunday 5th of December at the York Barbican Centre

The Final of the United Kingdom Championship, and who could have predicted we'd have these two rising stars, promissing young talents who are finally showing their worth here?

Brecel is the first player from mainland Europe to compete in a UK Final, it's Zhao's first ranking event final, and for the first time neither player was ranked inside the Top 16 at the start of the tournament. It's also the first UK Final to be contested between two players in their 20s since the 2011 edition between Judd Trump and Mark Allen.

Which of these two amazing talents shall win their first triple crown title and join the list of the greats of the game who have won it? Sit back and enjoy what promisses to be an exciting and historic Final.

DRAW

Sunday 5th of December

FINAL

Luca Brecel v Zhao Xintong

Click for Head to Heads

Overall Brecel leads 3-1
Main Tournaments Brecel leads 3-1
Multi Session Matches First match
Finals First Final

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Cazoo UK Championship Final !!!!!!!!

Postby Ck147

Come on Zhao. Come on Luca.
I can’t decide! Looking forward to a great final.

Postby orky

If they play anything like they did today we are in for a treat. So pleased for both of them. Over the years I've been Brecel's biggest critic but today he produced exhibition snooker in a major ranking event semi final against a player on top form. I still think his and Xintong's all round games need to be developed and hopefully this will be the case.

Postby TheRocket

I think over the course of this tournament Zhao looked more clinical in the balls. He scored very consistently in each round. Luca prior to the semis struggled a little bit in the scoring department but what he showed against Wilson was obviously hugely impressive.

Postby Wildey

Zhao Xintong is the highest rank player in the final

Its a Match for the Masters winner gets in the Masters loser don't.

If Zhao wins he reaches World no 9 and Chinese highest rank player, Zhao Highest ranking was 25 in August this year. so win or lose it will be his highest ever ranking

If Luca wins he also reaches World no 9 and his highest ever ranking having reached World no 11 in 2017

Postby vodkadiet1

The Xintong vs Thepchaiya match should have been televised ahead of whatever rubbish was shown instead on that day. That must have been the match of the tournament.

Postby Ck147

Juddernaut88 wrote:Come on Luca! I'm going to predict a 10-8 win for Luca.

He already dreamt he wins 10-6, if he does that would be amazing! I’d be happy either way, just hope it’s a good final, will be good experience for both them.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet1 wrote:The Xintong vs Thepchaiya match should have been televised ahead of whatever rubbish was shown instead on that day. That must have been the match of the tournament.

It was shown on streaming but it was on Table 5. I know chengdufan here watched that, and he was posting pictures of how the match was progressing. You can check that thread for more details. But yes, it should definately have been on one of the 4 tables in the main venue.

Postby Wildey

Zhao Xintong not at the Scottish Open after the UK Championship having lost to 4-2 to Lei Peifan in September, but he will be at the World Grand Prix

Postby vodkadiet1

Wildey wrote:Zhao Xintong not at the Scottish Open after the UK Championship having lost to 4-2 to Lei Peifan in September, but he will be at the World Grand Prix

That looks like a good loss for him now!

Postby vodkadiet1

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:The Xintong vs Thepchaiya match should have been televised ahead of whatever rubbish was shown instead on that day. That must have been the match of the tournament.

It was shown on streaming but it was on Table 5. I know chengdufan here watched that, and he was posting pictures of how the match was progressing. You can check that thread for more details. But yes, it should definately have been on one of the 4 tables in the main venue.

Thanks Andre. I will read back. Sounds like Chengdufan made a choice there!!

Postby badtemperedcyril

Xintong is an amazing talent and the only Chinese player I’ve truly felt has the ability to be a big time winner in the class of Ronnie, Higgins, Selby, Trump, Robertson etc. Bingtao is great but he doesn’t have the same flare as Xintong.

Postby chengdufan

In the rankings revisit, going into this tournament Luca was ranked 23rd, while Zhao was ranked 26th.

If Luca wins, he moves up to 14th.
If Zhao wins, he moves up to 15th or 16th, depending on how many frames Luca wins.

The lowest position either could be in after the final is 20th.

While the official rankings will determine who plays in the Masters, these rankings are a more accurate reflection of where the players currently stand against their contemporaries.

Postby chengdufan

This is the most excited I've been about a snooker match in a very long time.

I am seriously considering taking an Annual Leave day tomorrow and watching the full final overnight tonight.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
chengdufan wrote:This is the most excited I've been about a snooker match in a very long time.

I am seriously considering taking an Annual Leave day tomorrow and watching the full final overnight tonight.

Do it!

+1

Postby Yanfan

Alex0paul wrote:I have Covid woohoo

I am sorry to hear that. Have you got any symptoms? Because when I had it I didn't have any symptoms at all. Just lucky I suppose.

Postby Yanfan

Currently watching Transworld Sport on the Freesports channel, waiting for the Ultimate Pool Pro Series to come on. Never watched 8-ball pool before. It might be OK until the snooker starts later. :-)

Postby SnookerFan

Yanfan wrote:Currently watching Transworld Sport on the Freesports channel, waiting for the Ultimate Pool Pro Series to come on. Never watched 8-ball pool before. It might be OK until the snooker starts later. :-)

Oh yeah, that's on isn't it?

Any good?